A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Holy lord!

Words can't explain how beautiful these are.

My only complaint is the palms around the level that have a different color than that of the main green.

Also, that Angel Island intro background makes me think you have a lot of patience to go through all that recolor.

Excellent.

Recoloring is pretty easy though is it not?

Eh, since I'm a beginner at it, it seems like it would take a while.

Not that it would be hard.

For some reason, when I look ones with the Angel Island jungle background it makes me think of a better feeling Botanic Base.

@snow toilet

well, it wasnt very hard to recolor and i also made the tiles in a way recoloring them wouldnt be very hard

@BlazefireLP

there is a grass tile in the third screen shot that seems to dont have any shadow at all.

but about the other ones... i'll leave them like that for now

Eh, since I'm a beginner at it, it seems like it would take a while.

Not that it would be hard.

For some reason, when I look ones with the Angel Island jungle background it makes me think of a better feeling Botanic Base.

Do you not know of the recolor trick in MSNPaint with the eraser?

The color replacer is located in the eraser tool. To use it, set the foreground color for the color you wish to replace (the only color you want the new color to show up on), and the background color to the color you want it to be replaced with. Then, right-click and it will only draw on the color you want it to.

To try this, draw a few black squiggles on the white drawing area first, then set the foreground (left-click) to white and the background (right-click) to red. Right-click and draw around and on the squiggles. They should have remained black, but the white behind them [wherever you drew] became red.

• Like 1

Do you not know of the recolor trick in MSNPaint with the eraser?

The color replacer is located in the eraser tool. To use it' date=' set the foreground color for the color you wish to replace (the only color you want the new color to show up on), and the background color to the color you want it to be replaced with. Then, right-click and it will only draw on the color you want it to.

To try this, draw a few black squiggles on the white drawing area first, then set the foreground (left-click) to white and the background (right-click) to red. Right-click and draw around and on the squiggles. They should have remained black, but the white behind them [wherever you drew'] became red.

I... never knew this. This would save so much time! Thank you for sharing. =D

Lake - I'd say that the underwater screenshot looks super authentic. As for the rest of them, there's still mismatched shading, but you nevertheless manage to give a huge amount of depth to your backgrounds.

Something I noticed about this image:

CNBig.png

It would look a lot better if Tails' feet were behind the grass, like in all of the original Sonic games. It looks great already, but that would add a professional touch to it.

I never understood the point of making Tails (or knuckles) slower than sonic. It doesn't do much for the gameplay.

I think a better limiter would be to change their access to speed. i.e. spindash, boost, ect.

But tails could always do both, sooooo