A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

So you like shiny things?

Sorry but I want play a Sonic game as Sonic, not as some sort of light beam and bunch of particles.

I love particle effects. One of my reasons for loving JRPGs and the ONLY reason for even thinking about playing any Final Fantasy game.

Awesome screenshots LH. I like the purple test tiles.=P

My turn.

Super Sonic found his place on Sonic Phoenix Version 2.0.

etc. etc. post shortened for space

That's some trippy shit you got going there LH. The whole thing reminded me of this movie scene, haha:

http://player.vimeo.com/video/1323655

That's a fucking epic looking super sonic. Think the top quill needs a little refinement but other than that, it's amazing.

Particle effects always take bad screenshots.
Word.

In-game they usualy look nice because they are moving, but on a still screenshot... I mean, it looks blargh, indeed.

But I've to agree, saying for what I'm seeing at the screenshots, I guess that LH could use a little less particles or maybe resize them down a little bit the ring effect/super sonic shine, particularly.

Word.

In-game they usualy look nice because they are moving, but on a still screenshot... I mean, it looks blargh, indeed.

But I've to agree, saying for what I'm seeing at the screenshots, I guess that LH could use a little less particles or maybe resize them down a little bit the ring effect/super sonic shine, particularly.

You actually posted particle effects, didn't you, dude?

I wasn't showing THEM. I was showing camera and the progress of Speed Boost and Super Sonic.

As I showed Snic making the Boost, I thought "Why not put Super Sonic doing the same thing then?"

But blast it. I'll only put stage screenshots here from now on, as you guys wish.

I wasn't showing THEM. I was showing camera and the progress of Speed Boost and Super Sonic.

Wow bro', relax, chill out... 'Chillax' infact. There is no need for beeing a bitch, you've posted pictures without saying at least "Hey, look at the camera", people start talking about the particles effects then, wich was the most visible thing on the screen. So I've just tried to give some friendly advice.... "Hey, as everybody is speaking about the particles now, I'll give my opinion"
As I showed Snic making the Boost, I thought "Why not put Super Sonic doing the same thing then?"
You do realize that isn't even possible to see Super Sonic in the pictures, right?
But blast it. I'll only put stage screenshots here from now on, as you guys wish.
I didn't saw anybody saying "Hey, I wanna stage screenshots" but well, post whatever you want, it's a fucking screenshot thread. Make a level in the shape of a cock and post, if you want to.

---

Btw:

JM2ul.png

Just trying to make the boost looks better. :)

The "fire" on it is completly animated, so it kinda looks awesome. Haha.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the type of particle effects you posted, which differ from his. You seem kinda haughty considering he was giving you some pretty good advice. Mayhaps you should consider taking said advice and post shots of those.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the type of particle effects you posted, which differ from his. You seem kinda haughty considering he was giving you some pretty good advice. Mayhaps you should consider taking said advice and post shots of those.

I wanted to look like a bitch on purpose, you know. I always take the advice. But meh, no one complained about those particle effects in the original Sonic Phoenix engine. Why does everybody complain in its fucking remake at all if it's pratically copy/paste? I'm not mad at that, it just scares me. lol.

Well thanks anyway.

@P3DRO You boost efects are ALWAYS awesome. They don't even seem to be made in MMF2. That's just amazing.

EDIT: Lemme show service, then. Not with particles, but with system techniques.

DashExample1.png

This is a Pause Board I've been developing so far - it is fully working, except some menus. It will show you your Game Status (in the pic), your Inventory (e.g. lives, emeralds, total score [score will be counted by level. Its sum will be seen in the main menu and in this board]), Level Achievements (every level will ahve its achievements), Options and Globe support Yes, Sonic Phoenix will have support for The Globe (the opensource ddashboard I've been developing and that isn't dead yeat). As it's still in development, I'll later release an update patch for Sonic Phoenix (called The World Records) that will fully give it integration with the Globe in several aspects I'm still planning, but that could be used by any game programmer, such as ingame chat and Game Achievements.

Best part: ANYONE may use the Globe, fangames or non-fangames.

But you guys will have to wait.

We're still talking about the neat looking SFX in his game?

Special effect graphics, fangame titles...Man, the things you guys get hung up over. It's astonishing, really.

Edit: but yeah you might wanna lower the contrast on the golden trail just a little bit.

there i go! act 3

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/RKTNa.png[/qimg] [qimg]http://i.imgur.com/NXxlX.png[/qimg]

The icy BG looks really good in motion, but im in a doubt about the desert one, it's not looking good as the icy one.

OWMYGAWD.

In fact, the Desert's upper BG looks... uhh is it really supposed to be rocky or to be an open sky with sun?

@PC0: You're right. Sorry about that. Got nervous.

Lake - I think the problem with the desert one is that the rocks in the far distance have too much contrast in addition to a dark outline, which makes them look like they're floating on top of the sand in the foreground. I'd say lower the contast and make them a little lighter/yellowish so that they blend in partially with the sand.

Other than that, brilliant work I say. ^_^

Yeah, you're on the right track. ^_^ In general, the further away a piece of background is, the more it should blend with the sky/fog color.

What you could try doing, actually, is move some of those rocks up and down a few pixels while resizing/reshading them accordingly. At the moment, they all look like they're in a perfectly straight line.