A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ftb (old And Outdated Concepts)

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just occurred to me that no Fepard-style Sonic game is complete without a "World's Largest *noun*" boss [theme].

I'm tempted to steal that title for my boss, but I'm sure a more suitable home could be suggested. :P

World's Largest Ripoff?

just kidding, yeah that sounds like a good idea :P

EDIT: that also means we will need some Dubstep in there :V

World's Largest Ripoff?

just kidding, yeah that sounds like a good idea :P

EDIT: that also means we will need some Dubstep in there :V

Haha, already thought about the dupstep bit - which means I'll need some help with that one. :V

What did you think of the example of GG's tiles so far Jass? Very WIP, but still.

Haha, already thought about the dupstep bit - which means I'll need some help with that one. :V

What did you think of the example of GG's tiles so far Jass? Very WIP, but still.

They're nice, need some work though. :asweatdrop:

Can't wait to see the finished sprite (though we will have to add a few animations later on in the project, so yeah).

Wait no longer!

f2C2aXW.png

This is pretty much both of them finished up. I may tweak them a little later on, but this is it, I suppose. What do you think?

Also, I cast my vote for World's Smallest Violin. With a dubstep/violin heavy track :V

Wait no longer!

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/f2C2aXW.png[/qimg]

This is pretty much both of them finished up. I may tweak them a little later on, but this is it, I suppose. What do you think?

Also, I cast my vote for World's Smallest Violin. With a dubstep/violin heavy track :V

It looks good in my opinion!

And the world's smallest violin seems like a good twist on the "world's largest" thing.

Wait no longer!

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/f2C2aXW.png[/qimg]

Holeh moleh.

Man, you've really done these guys justice! My only nitpick would be to make Twitch's gills a little longer and the eyes a little "taller" (think oval-ish, like wrapping over the shape of the head).

As with the last badnik, can we see these in normal size? I'm also tempted to set one as my avatar, despite my editing labor over my latest one.

EDIT - Haha, I might go with something along the lines of that. "World's Largest Transistor" was an initial title idea, but I'll have to see. :P That would beg the question of how to get something akin to this to smoothly go into dubstep.

As with the last badnik, can we see these in normal size? I'm also tempted to set one as my avatar, despite my editing labor over my latest one.

Shrunken down and spruced up a bit (minus the edits you mentioned) for your convenience:

2EZK2xR.png

Anyway, thank you, thank you. I'm here all year.

I'm actually surprising myself with how fast I'm going.

Aaaaaaaand with a bit of editing, siggied. :3

EDIT - At some point I oughta' have you take a look at these sprites to help me figure out how to fix 'em. :x

Alright, but that will be for tomorrow. Along with those tilesets for Caliente Carnival (Which I actually can't wait to get started on...maybe I'll draw some ideas in school).

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I just realized that I'll need to create separate parts for the badniks in order for me to manipulate them easily D:

Alright, but that will be for tomorrow. Along with those tilesets for Caliente Carnival (Which I actually can't wait to get started on...maybe I'll draw some ideas in school).

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I just realized that I'll need to create separate parts for the badniks in order for me to manipulate them easily D:

We can figure out the parts bit when I figure out how their animations play out, don't worry. XD

Glad to see Caliente Carnival is grabbing your attention! Sure seems a lot more fun to work with than Green Gate...what? WHAT? XDDD

We can figure out the parts bit when I figure out how their animations play out, don't worry. XD

Glad to see Caliente Carnival is grabbing your attention! Sure seems a lot more fun to work with than Green Gate...what? WHAT? XDDD

Whew, my badniks stay whole (for the moment XD).

Yeah, for some reason CC is intriguing me, even though I'm more attracted to the first levels of a Sonic game.

Which reminds me, will Green Gate have an actual green- (reads earlier posts) oh

Despite our earlier thoughts toward the soundtrack being put towards the backburner, it seems that everyone is already throwing their hat into the basket and pitching stuff regardless. As such, I think we need to figure out who exactly is working on what, or if people are going to share Zone music duties (as in, making music for one act, and another guy does another).

From what I can tell so far:

Green Gate - LoneEchidna

Crystal City - LoneEchidna

Frozen Foliage - Infinity_Alex

Cave Complex - Geckoroverse

Raindrop Ruin - LoneEchidna

Caliente Carnival - Symphonicgamescloud

Eternal Elevator - Faseeh

Botanic Badnik - LoneEchidna

I'm just counting what I've seen so far; I think we should sort this out before we make a mess and all, unless people are working behind the scenes and haven't informed me. :P

Yeah, as far as music goes. I already know what I'm doing. I'm trying to sort of get us all organized so we can discuss this stuff more. But it's seeming rather pointless. But yes I agree, we need to know who's doing what or the OST will become a mess. afaik, this is all correct.

@Jassbec

Once I've finished Frozen Foliage's boss theme I'll work on the Special Stage music, and make it as epic as I can (I may do what Falk did and insert some of a level track, i.e.: https://soundcloud.com/falk-2/mach-sigma ) Also, what happens to my intro track? From what I can work out, StaticBlu's "Main Theme" is the new intro track.

@Geckoroverse

As for that pic. I said our gecko has a strange mind! Can't wait to see those Green Gate tiles in game, though.

@AstroPiranha

Those sprites are great! However, something about little transistor doesn't feel very Sonic-y to me. I think it's her actual design. No fault on your part, though!

Anyway, now I must go and start work on Frozen Foliage Act 3!

@Jassbec

Once I've finished Frozen Foliage's boss theme I'll work on the Special Stage music, and make it as epic as I can (I may do what Falk did and insert some of a level track, i.e.: https://soundcloud.com/falk-2/mach-sigma ) Also, what happens to my intro track? From what I can work out, StaticBlu's "Main Theme" is the new intro track.

@Geckoroverse

As for that pic. I said our gecko has a strange mind! Can't wait to see those Green Gate tiles in game, though.

@AstroPiranha

Those sprites are great! However, something about little transistor doesn't feel very Sonic-y to me. I think it's her actual design. No fault on your part, though!

Anyway, now I must go and start work on Frozen Foliage Act 3!

I apologize alex. I was given these assignments about a month before you came aboard. I didn't even know that you were working on an intro yourself. However I made a theme, not an intro. There is room for both I'm sure.

No problem! I only made that intro because I couldn't stand that Kirby music. Besides, as I said last night, it's craptastic! There's no need for you to apologise. Hell, even if there isn't room for both in the game, I'm including them in the SoundCloud OST, just like I would any other tracks which are replaced. No need to worry. Also, Act 3 is finished!

Not as good as Act 2 in my opinion, but I think it makes the cut.

https://soundcloud.com/infinityalex/snowing-seeds-for-frozen

Enjoy.

I've been working on the boss since my last comment but I'm having trouble giving it the wintery feel the regular acts had while still making it sound like a boss. Thus, I'm giving up on the boss track to let somebody else do it. Anyway, now I must go and focus my attention on the Special Stage theme.

So, yeah. Now that I've finished all my tracks bar one, I'll pitch in with creating some level tiles now, specifically for Frozen Foliage. And besides, I'm kinda waiting on a message from StaticBlu before I start the Special Stage track...

(I really should get to work on that new intro...)

Another tile contributer, eh? Stuff like this keeps the project moving right along, it does? Got any sprite work to show us what to expect from you? :P

EDIT - Also concerning the different look to the Little Transister; it partly comes from both the concept, and is based on my template for badnik android designs from my own project.

I'm actually creating some tiles and sprites for Frozen Foliage right now. The ground tiles are just green hill recolours with more mid-tones as of yet (though I may make them more unique), though I'm mainly focusing on creating the plant life right now, which are being drawn from scratch, much like the badniks. I'll update the post when I'm done.