A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Chrono Adventure 1.1 - SAGE 2014

LakeFeperd

Man, Lake. You're a goddamn game making machine. Keep being awesome.

Love the Sonic Worlds and game logo spinning animations. Are these just sprited in the animation editor, or do you use some kind of trick for that?

No, it was done in the same way i did the title screen.

100% in game, using code.

One question, Lake...

What's up with the tower level right before Sonic is jailed? The hedgehog and princess sprites that show up function like enemies, and it seems like shortly afterwards, the level design in that stage regresses to the same tile piece being copied and pasted over itself. Is there supposed to be an in-joke that I missed?

Otherwise, it's pretty good so far. The whole experience feels less like a Metroidvania and more like playing a Mario game where the individual levels are fairly linear and focus on one gimmick. Not that that's a bad thing.

May I haz a ZIP format? I can't find a RAR extracter. That doesn't take 15 hours to download. Downloading from ZIP would be probably be the sane huh? Eh, well it might be some time before I actually play it. It FEELS good though, can't wait to play it.

Also before I get did you search Google, replies. I indeed did. It's just they take forever cause the connection isn't up to snuff today.

I'll warn you I haven't played a fangame in years and I've just jumped into this one without knowing anything about it.

I've played a little tonight; I'll play some more tomorrow (since right now I've got to mute the game and it's hard for me to play without the sound effects). So far, I'm enjoying it, although the directional thing has me a little flumoxed. I like the twist on the gameplay though, and I'm sure I'll get the hang of it with a little more playing.

I like!

This is an amazing game and jusy like Ink said I had to play muted and it was my firdt experience with any of your games... and it was freaking great. The couple minutes I got to play with sound unmuted was outstanding. I adore the remixes and love the story. Can't wait till Wednesday when I can play again. But it'll be muted because the speakers on the pc were cut >_> so hopefully Thursday I can enjoy the full experience again! Great job.

Also one bug. While off screening the arm shooting badnick, while its shooting will create a stream of arms and it sucks. It's rare ti duplicate though.