A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: Time Attacked 2

OverbounD

Thanks everyone! Nice to know at least Overbound loves me. Here, have a large sausage roll! I'd give you a cuddle but I ate them all along with all other forms of love. I don't recall having a birthday topic last year, I thought I managed to escape it, I needed a break from paying too much attention to everyone's birthdays last year though (not just here), I always want the best for everyone on their birthdays (and all other days too) but it was getting too much and doing my head in.

Gotta love those international timezones, by the time this topic appeared, my actual birthday was over by about four hours, although my birthday has now run into it's third day as we still have so much leftover food from birthday tea. I must be getting old as I remember the days when a birthday only lasted one day, lol.

TIME ATTACKED 2

This post is quite long, so I'll break it down fo y'all, 'kay? Old geeza'z got 2 keep down wit da kidz yo! Ahem, anyway...

I'm surprised I didn't catch on immediately, I saw the topic title and thought someone had decided to make TA2 themselves as well as posting in the wrong forum. Although if TA2 ever gets made, posting in General Discussion would be a nice nod to the days of the original's creation, when fangaming topics were posted in General Discussion. Admins might not agree though, I probably push the rules to their limits enough already, lol.

Glad to see the old April Fools joke was never forgotten. Those graphics were at one point going to be turned into a seventh zone for the original Time Attacked as I felt the game was a little short, but I realised I'd kind of run out of new level design ideas that could be made with the game's engine and thought it'd be best to keep the game shorter and sweeter rather than shove in another zone just for the sake of it. I had an idea for the zone that I may use if I ever get to make TA2, but it seems I've been waiting forever for the stars to align, so to speak, and my eyesight is slowly getting worse, concentrating on a computer screen the way I did to make games may even end up being too much of a strain on my eyes now.

I imagine TA2 would be an artistic marvel more than a technical one (if I can ever get my head round Sonic Worlds, I'm an artist, not a brainbox, can't we get some HD on that? Yes, someone going blind wants HD, try and get your heads round that one, folks, I'd have 3D like 3DS too if I could, just look at the effects in my previous games, I'm crazy for 3D effects), so I can't imagine anyone besides myself bringing my vision to reality regardless of their artistic talent or willingness to "make my game for me", maybe I'm a control freak when it comes to my art, maybe I have some kind of OCD, but the whole thing would have to be just so. That said, I was petrified putting the original's cutscenes and music in the hands of Blaze and Red/Dragon/Malcolm/TheManWithAMillionNames, both of whom are brilliant and would always have been my top choices for having someone besides me doing those tasks, and they proved I needn't have worried so, at all.

BACK TO THE BIRTHDAY STUFF

As I'm 30, I was a bit disappointed I got no main present this year, I just got some bits and bobs not worth going into too much detail about, some money and way too much lottery/scratch cards as the amount of money I've won is far outweighed by what my family spent, for instance, my "present" from my own father currently stands at £1, which is a really poor show for a 30th birthday in my opinion. Maybe I'm expecting too much, maybe I need to spend some time starving alone in a third-world country to put my head in check and learn to be more grateful or something, but when me and my family buy slightly special things for other family members' 30th birthdays, I expect to be treated the same when it's my turn.

Besides that, my birthday this year was a million times better than last year's when I had a bad leg and couldn't move without being in pain as well as being absolutely shattered but not being allowed to get some much-needed sleep.

I certainly can't complain about the food side of things, we're STILL eating it all! Despite not really wanting to get drunk, I was forced (in a way, not literally) to have a giant beer on the evening of my birthday as my brother did give me a giant beer glass which holds almost four cans worth of beer. I did not sleep well after that, I managed to escape any hangover but I was still absolutely shattered yesterday.