A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to double post but I feel I have to point out a couple of glitches in RRZ act 2 (as it was the glitchiest level in the demo) I know you might have beta testers already Lake so sorry if it annoys anyone who's doing it, it's just a couple of things anyone can point out from the demo.

First one is slightly less of a glitch, more of a physics issue, from 02:34 in the video this guy tries constantly to jump directly up off the rolling ball onto the platform above, but is constantly thrown right and over the platform so he falls back down and has to do it all again, leading to a couple of deaths. I think there were a lot of people that had a problem with this bit.

4:47 He tries continuously to do a spin dash jump off the circular bump to reach a platform above the surface but a lot of times there's a glitch that's keeping sonic stuck to the ground, like the guy says in the video it does seem that hill has some kind of magnetism effect almost the way sonic runs around the whole thing when he dashes at it with the flame shield, other small hills like this in the level might have this issue as well idk.

And maybe it would be good to check again that the air bubbles underwater(lava) work.

https://soundcloud.com/djmaxeofficial/lava-falls-redhot-ride-zone-act-2

https://soundcloud.com/falk-2/pomp-and-circumstance

https://soundcloud.com/mr-lange/sugar-splash-zone-special-act

https://soundcloud.com/kgzmusic/espresso-with-bayonetta-cyan

Four new tracks. All released within a very short amount of time as well so I'm assuming this is the final stretch or something.

Considering streaming the game when it's released but no knowing at this point.

Sorry to double post but I feel I have to point out a couple of glitches in RRZ act 2 (as it was the glitchiest level in the demo) I know you might have beta testers already Lake so sorry if it annoys anyone who's doing it, it's just a couple of things anyone can point out from the demo.

xD that's my video! God its so old. Pretty sure a lot of that was just me sucking at the game and whining about things that weren't really that big a deal.

Holy crap are these new tracks awesome, can't wait to play the crap out of this.

xD that's my video! God its so old. Pretty sure a lot of that was just me sucking at the game and whining about things that weren't really that big a deal.

Holy crap are these new tracks awesome, can't wait to play the crap out of this.

Holy crap it's you and I didn't know, you might remember I've commented/talked with you on your videos, well that was hilarious. XD

Holy crap it's you and I didn't know, you might remember I've commented/talked with you on your videos, well that was hilarious. XD

lol course I remember! Glad you've liked my videos, and thanks for watchin em! :D

Can't wait for this game to come out. The channel has needed a nice solid platformer game for quite a while. And just to clarify, the game is coming out tomorrow or the day after that?

Oh god that menu music! I'm just gonna have the menu open in the background just to have that playing! xD

On the subject of glitches, and a little off topic, I know this is way late but:

I found this in BtS an hour ago when flying off a ramp into the ceiling in Lost Levels Act 1. The music playing in the background is the S3 boss music, and the player is trapped in the wall on the top right corner of the screen.

Just thought it was interesting.

I hope they got Dream Dance 2 and Storm Station 3 done in time, two weeks ago Falk (I think) said on soundcloud those were the two tracks incomplete the most while every other unfinished track was at least nearly finished, and those two acts are near end game so they're very important.

What I'm assuming they planned (makes the most sense imo) was to finish those two tracks first, and then work on all the rest that were 'nearly complete'. I hope they all got/get finished.

Confirmation of 100% soundtrack ftw! Btw DJ Max-E or someone is going to have to explain this to me.

https://soundcloud.com/djmaxeofficial/redhot-ride-zone-special

It worked perfectly fine to me before as the PP special act, I don't understand how it works at all as the special act track for Redhot Ride, even if the stage is a mix of fire & ice, there's no fire element in this track at all. Makes me wonder what the team are doing with the Lava Powerhouse remix.

Guest Mr Lange
That has nothing to do with what I said, I'm simply wondering why they made the choice of taking the special act track for the ice zone and using it for the fire zone when there's no trace of fire elements in the track at all imo.

Ah ha, you'll just have to see what the special act for Redhot Ride is like.

Hehehe, that's very interesting, can't wait.

There was someone on soundcloud commenting on act 2 of Redhot Ride saying it wasn't aggressive/active enough, all kinds of things, I admit since the beginning I was hoping for lava reef in terms of its activeness but after skimming through it and listening to a few seconds of different sections of the track (trying not to hear too much of it, I've been ignoring all the tracks released the past week) I think it's around the mood/level of inside Red Mountain without guitars, using other instruments instead, perfectly aggressive enough, sounds great from the parts I heard.

Falk on sonicretro "Well damn, I was looking forward to playing it... " What, aren't you involved in finishing these final tracks? XD

Um, the original Foliage Furnace Zone tracks are the special acts now. Foliage Furnace has 2 special acts.

Yeah I wish they'd revert them back to their originals honestly. I loved and still love mr lange's original. It caught everyone's attention in my household. But that's just us. Maybe others will prefer the new ones by andy.

Edit: Revert back to the maingame

I remember I had a lot of bias toward Lange's tracks for Foliage Forest and Sugar Splash, and I was initially bummed out when I found out tracks like the Lava Powerhouse remix and such weren't being used...but now I love the new tracks all the same, especially Crumbstepping (YOU CAN JUST FEEL THE PLAQUE IN YOUR TEETH MAN, DIRTY STUFF).

Well, that and most of Lange's work is being used anyway, so why the hell was I complaining. :P

Can't wait for the release. The final boss seems to have a whole lot revolving around it, if SCA and the theme say anything...

Well we can compare these 2 at least

https://soundcloud.com/mr-lange/foliage-furnace-act-2

https://soundcloud.com/tunners/smokey-bear-says-foliage?in=tunners/sets/sonic-after-the-sequel

I guess they're still both in the game. It's probably already decided, just expressing I found mr lange's take really special going through the demo.

we could have re-arranged it, much like FFZ Act 1 and other acts, but we wanted to focus on keeping the main quest's soundtrack as original as possible. Yes there are little nods to songs here and there (mainly with Parhelion Peak's material) but Mr. Lange's Act 2 was a straight up remix of Lava Powerhouse and most people could identify that in a heartbeat. Having that bang in the middle of the soundtrack just wouldn't have worked, not to mention that it was done in a 16-bit style which is a stark contrast to everything else on the main quest.

I don't care if people dislike Smokey Bear (though I think it's pretty bitchin' tbh and my soundcloud statistics would agree) but you need to understand why these creative decisions have been made. Lava Powerhouse is still there and it's nestled quite nicely with some other tunes in a similar vein, but to keep it where it was just wouldn't have worked.

Lava Powerhouse is still there and it's nestled quite nicely with some other tunes in a similar vein, but to keep it where it was just wouldn't have worked.

Ah, so Special Stage like with Green Hills and such? At least that's my guess. :B That'd be cool.

But yeah, I totally agree with you on you guy's view on keeping the soundtrack fresh and new. (Awesome job on your tracks for the game btw).

Guest Mr Lange

Holy lord god this is still not being understood. But that's perfectly understandable since what's happening is still foreign until the game comes out.

Ok, here's how it works.

Every stage in Sonic ATS has an unlockable extra act. These are called special acts, and they have increased difficulty and a variation on the theme of the stage. Foliage Furnace is an exception as it has TWO special acts, variations on act 1 and 2. The original versions of FFZ's songs (the 16-bit version of act 1 and the Lava Powerhouse remix) are now the themes for the special acts. Does that make sense?

None of the beta songs are being used as special stage music. We are doing new songs for those, that follow a particular style.

The 16-bit version of Foliage Furnace act 1 has been extended, just like the 16-bit version of Sugar Splash which I uploaded recently. I'm considering extending the Lava Powerhouse remix too since it has been so well received, though given the deadline is so close it is not priority.

we could have re-arranged it, much like FFZ Act 1 and other acts, but we wanted to focus on keeping the main quest's soundtrack as original as possible. Yes there are little nods to songs here and there (mainly with Parhelion Peak's material) but Mr. Lange's Act 2 was a straight up remix of Lava Powerhouse and most people could identify that in a heartbeat. Having that bang in the middle of the soundtrack just wouldn't have worked, not to mention that it was done in a 16-bit style which is a stark contrast to everything else on the main quest.

I don't care if people dislike Smokey Bear (though I think it's pretty bitchin' tbh and my soundcloud statistics would agree) but you need to understand why these creative decisions have been made. Lava Powerhouse is still there and it's nestled quite nicely with some other tunes in a similar vein, but to keep it where it was just wouldn't have worked.

Hey don't get me wrong. I don't dislike smokey bear. Your points are very reasonable and I understand. The original indeed feels out of place compared to the other (acts and) zones where each track takes elements from the others. I get that. But going through act 2 with mr lange's arrangement just added to the act for me. This is just a personal thing. I am really sorry if my post/message came through the wrong way

@Mr lange, I know they are part of the special acts now. I edited the first post on this page clarifying about the maingame. Well if what you said was directed to me. Kudos to you all for doing a great job with the OST. It's unbelievably fantastic