A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Help Wanted! Join the SAGE Team!

No, you missed my point. No matter what happened, it doesn't look mature or professional to come in here and start swearing at us and calling us names. Also, "moral judgements"? You won't go to hell for this, I'm just trying to tell you that you're making yourself look terrible. For the millionth time, the post on the main site basically says "There were problems" not "Sonic Retro fucked up". Only in the last three to four posts did anyone blame you guys in the slightest. Before that you were just yelling at us for mentioning you when we said we had problems with SAGE.

Well first off, "we" is not applicable here. You didn't do anything--Smidge and the SAGE team did. That said, the situation has been clarified and we can make actual plans from here that don't involve people from the outside chiming in without context like you seem to enjoy doing.

Secondly, the blame was placed directly on us. That's not up for debate. That was made perfectly clear on more than one occasion--because we weren't able to do what we were supposed to do, we were holding them back and hindering progress. It doesn't get more cut and dry than that.

Finally, just because you keep reiterating that I look bad doesn't mean I do. Thanks, you think I look terrible. I really don't give a shit. I felt our staff were mistreated and I made sure that people knew it. That notion to me is worth way more than what people on a forum think of me. Save your breath.

I'm sorry for "chiming in with no context", but this is General Discussion. That's kind of what goes on here. You could have avoided it by PMing the people you were trying to talk to instead of posting in this thread, and then you could have saved my "breath" for me.

I think there was a break down of communication possibly due to the means that I was using to ask? It's entirely possible skype's pm system is wonky (I've sent SS several concerning this matter via skype with no reply). That said, the announcement may of jumped the gun a bit and may of been worded just a few notches incorrectly to the left to make it seem like we were blaming retro, we weren't. I don't think that was the goal here so let's all chill out a sec. I wasn't even around when it was made hahah! Sorry I'm late to the party folks, I've been in Las Vegas (quite excellent btw) for the past week or so and thus have been incommunicado while said announcement was made.

I think this can be patched and fixed right on up no problem once we get things a bit more sorted. SS, get in contact with me/I'll try to get in contact with you, we'll drink some tea spiked with liberal amounts of liquor and we'll figure this shit out in a more appropriately awesome manner rather than this trippin' balls bullshit that's goin' down and everything will be all groovy. Not that hard to post a retraction announcement that "corrects" any statements previously mentioned that may of been incorrect or anything. No respect was intended I assure you. I'm thinking that it's possible with Retro's recent issues, I somehow got removed from the special forum we were discussing this shit in and skype was being retarded perhaps, thus causing this entire situation in the first place. Let's get together and talk this out, no reason to trip, ya' know?

It's entirely possible skype's pm system is wonky (I've sent SS several concerning this matter via skype with no reply).

There have been various issues with Skype recently. I've heard a few people say that messages weren't going through, this included actual calls and not just the PM system. Not sure if it was fixed though.

There have been various issues with Skype recently. I've heard a few people say that messages weren't going through, this included actual calls and not just the PM system. Not sure if it was fixed though.
Microsoft bought Skype. Do I have to say anything else?

Just a question, if SAGE is gonna be really hard to manage/throw up this year and has been pretty difficult in terms of communication, would it not be better to perhaps scale back SAGE considerably and maybe make it less intense/huge as previous instalments?

I don't know if this was your plan already or what you guys have in place, but I see nothing wrong with a smaller SAGE this year in comparison to previous years if people are really busy.

Either way I am still looking forward to it. SAGE was pretty much what drew me here in the first place, and I've enjoyed each SAGE since 2008 so I'm eager to see what you guys all cook up.

• 2 weeks later...