A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Help Wanted! Join the SAGE Team!

SAGE is coming along but the fact is, we need more people and more help making this project awesome. That being the case, I'm putting out the call to you, my fellow SFGHQers for help!

Want to join the SAGE team? Great! Here's what we need right now:

Web design dudes

-Java, PHP, flash and html experience are all things we're looking for, if you have skills in any of these things, let us know!

Graphics/Arts dudes

-Buttons, awesome pictures, stuff like that, we need it all. Contact us if you think you can design graphics that fit well on a web site!

Smart mother fuckers

-This one's vague and the hardest to pull off, but if you really think you're the clever, charismatic sort that we need, say something! We need guys like you too!

One guy with web space that is highly configurable

-Help us offer hosting for game/booths and a project management ftp for great justice. The ability to set up multiple FTP accounts with a variety of access privileges for multiple people is a must.

If you fit one or more of these categories, post in this thread AND send me a PM. If I feel you're the kind of dedicated person we're looking for, I'll get ahold of you. As a side point, if you're serious about this, get download skype and get yourself an account because that's what we're holding out meetings on.

That said, if you don't get accepted or invited or it takes a while, don't wig out or take it personally, it may be we found someone else that fits what we need first or it may be that we just haven't gotten to you yet. Stay cool and things will be all gravy. Don't get impatient.

So, that said, please, if you think you can help and have the skills, let us know.

If I were to jump in, I think I'd be the smart motherfucker lol. But is there a problem if I already ahve a project (in this case the Level Collab) and I join the SAGE Team? And also, is there already a date?

(and wht does Smart and Charismatic Motherfuckers do? :( )

You should look at SonicStrike.net Devin the guy who runs it is very nice and might have what your looking for as far as hosting goes.

Don't bother. Dev seems to have forgotten about the place. I was hosted there and had to move because the whole server seems to be filled with trojans. My visitors were getting virus alerts and shit. Not good.

I may or may not be able to help on the graphics side of things, depending mostly on the style you're going for. I still want a Chao Garden-themed SAGE.

I would also drop a note for the smartass role, but I've heard most of my humor comes off as dry and tasteless. If you need someone, though~

@Overbound, yeah. I haven't heard anything back from PC0 yet so I don't know if he's already found someone to be a code monkey, but I'd be more than happy to work with you and put together a prototype of your ideas at least.

I'm usually free around 8-9pm Eastern time, so email me or find me on AIM (ultraUSC).

I think PC0 has just been busy. I highly doubt he'll mind if we start working on concepts and code for the site.

Does anyone have Sage websites from previous years to look at as examples? Of course we won't be copying your ideas it would just be nice to have some reference as to what pages and functions a SAGE site needs.

Also USC are you experienced with Web 2.0 and social networking integration at all? It would be awesome if we got SAGE pages to be easily shareable on facebook, twitter, and the like. I don't think its too difficult from what I recall.

WayBack Machine copy of the very first SAGE...

WayBack Machine copy of the SAGE @ MoogleCavern

I also seem to remember someone (Kulock or Blaze, maybe?) having an archive of the first 10 websites, and I might still have the playable SAGE 5 program lying around somewhere.

And yeah, all those sites make it pretty easy to share stuff (kinda their reason for existing, after all), so that'd be no problem.

Some people say September, others say July. To be honest. I'd prefer July or Late July/August. Summer is the best time to have it, with lots of people being off college, work and school most of the time in that time period. Only makes sense to have it when you can get the most out of the fan base.

So I guess, this year. WE are running SAGE and not just 2 or 3 people?

• 1 month later...

USC, Smidge, PC0, and Blyde are working on it. I was planning on helping myself but I didn't get any further than one piece of unfinished art. Blyde seems to have a handle on it. I should probably continue to focus on my own projects anyway.

I'm guessing its not going to be till later in the year September at the earliest. Which is probably a good thing because not many projects are ready at least among the people I talk with.