A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

ragdoll

If you used GM6.1 you could have used GMPhysics, which even includes walking ragdoll people. However, it involves dozens upon dozens of scripts, and the walking people are shaky at best. And unless you build your game around the physics from the off, it's a nightmare to implement it properly.

That will probally need an DLL to to! That kind of stuff is'nt easy at all. I could of helped you out if you used GM because I have the perfect example but I never used TGF.

You don't know anything about TGF do you?

It's possible, but probably not worth the time... Every object of course would have to be made up of many different pieces, and you'd have to animate them with code. 3E modifier object may be able to help with that a little in that since I think it allows you to pin objects to each other in specified locations (so arms and legs stay arms and legs...)

And TGF1 has this really bad object limit...

I was planning on creating something like that, but put it on hold until I learn some trigonometry to do so. I understand how to create it WITHOUT using any complicated extensions and I even have a working ( although kinda cheap ) drawing system. Rael knows what I'm talking about. The answer to the question is, it's very possible, but would require lots of knowledge and lots of objects to do so. If you managed to get it working, you'd probably be 20-40 objects away from the limit which isn't giving you much.

You don't know anything about TGF do you?

I only used it once and did'nt like it so I went back to Game Maker.

What I mean xhedgehog is that physics use dlls. Programs like Game Maker, and others can't really support this good enough at least thats what I know based on the numerous programs I worked with in the bast, please guys correct me if I wrong.

The bridges in GHZ are an example of some of the very early techniques that led on to Ragdoll physics. It's based on the idea of one part having "pull" over the other, but it still being in some way seperate and loose.

There probably is a way to do simple ragdoll physics. It's also probably not very practical at all.

erm... dlls are just as you know other outside code that you can plop into a program so you don't have to write that code on your own...

Regardless, you'll have to seperate the object into limbs etc, and then apply physics to each part, whether or not it's your code.

MMF didn't support quite a bit yet look what stuff that wasn't possible in it we managed to do...

I for one am most impressed with how we got parallax done...

And what Kittie Rose said is basically the point of ragdoll physics...

Oh, and ragdoll physics really isn't worth it unless you plan to put it to greater use than a dying animation, which is done far too often...