A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

Exactly my point. I'm just edgy cause I read the GameFAQs board for Generations a lot. And it's infuriating, some of the comments this game is getting.

Personally, I loved Classic's gameplay in the demo, and I couldn't be more excited for Generations.

But man, the trivial complaints some people have about it? Mind blowing.

I explain what I meant in the loop of Chemical Plant.

Sonic.. rolling... going down... and null acceleration. And he deaccelerates too much when he reaches flat ground.

Not game breaking, but a thing that would be nice to improve

Naw, never mind, my mistake Sparks. :3

And yeah, those 2 snippets of Seaside Hill / Ocean Palace look like the same clip twice.

In other news! The Eggman Mech at the end still makes me smile. Even though he's gonna be the what, second boss in this? And likely to be nerfed to hell? I am excited to fight him again. :D

If nobody has seen. Someone hacked the PS3 Generations demo and "unlocked" the modern version.

First time i saw a playthrough, i wasn't very impressed. But for some reason, this version looks fun as fuck.

It SEEMS faster than unleashed, and the bridge breaking took me by complete surprise. Didn't see that hidden path coming at all. But best of all, they fixed the sync problem with the "boost BGM" and the regular BGM.

Might have been posted, not about to check.

Edit: oh wow. He does other things we'll never see, too. Like modern in classic, vice versa. This is interesting, i was wondering why it was so long.

....modern sonic doesn't look too bad in classic stages....

Edit: Fuck it, the modern levels seem to be improved considerably. Multiple paths on multiple planes FTW.

They're on a MISSING! poster. It means they're missing. :P

You want cool wild speculation on Generations? Look no further!

56cRD.jpg

CNHhz.jpg

What is good about these pics?

D'ya see it?

3 rings, side by side. Three stunt rings side by side, too.

Things are laid out as though Tails and Knux were following you, Heroes style.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the chances of Tails and Knux being follow characters in one level are very very slim, but if nothing else, this is a really cool throwback to Heroes, imo.

Tails? Both classic and modern? Christ I want this game.

Yeah, when I saw Classic Tails swoop in there at the end of the one trailer, I did the whole idiot clap and everything, "omg it's classic Tails yaaaaay.":tgrin:

I heard in an interview with sega that the poster was just a cameo but no actual influence on the story.

Furthurmore, on the subject of the video...

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/SonicWarriorTJ/gianteggmanrobo.png[/qimg]

Three words: SCARY AS FUCK

High-octane, that is.

For those you didn't bother to watch:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSHH

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHH

FIIIIINIIIIISSSSHHH

I thought that made the video much more fun to watch.

Is it just me....or did Ocean Palace look better in Sonic Heroes? I dont know man, there's just something about the heroes stages. I liked the color scheme better in Heroes.

Is it just me....or did Ocean Palace look better in Sonic Heroes? I dont know man, there's just something about the heroes stages. I liked the color scheme better in Heroes.

That's because, if you take another look in the stage, it has loads of references from Adabat: Jungle Joyride form Sonic Unleashed. That's why you felt a bit strange about it. At elast I think...

Sega's trying to mix up several things here, and I find it a very good idea. You choose to play Chemical Plant, and you play Eggmanland at the same time. You choose to play Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace and you play Jungle Joyride at the same time... You choose to play Classic City Escape and you're gifted with an Endless Mine's reference in the music.

Yeah, they're having plenty of job with it. And it looks amazing by now.

Generation's Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace does have a very different feel. But that's a good thing, imo. The Heroes original was very similar in look and feel to Green Hill.

From what I've seen of Generations, they put a lot of effort into changing these levels up, so Seaside Hill isn't too close to Green Hill for instance - it looks and feels closer to Aquatic Ruins than anything else. This combination of level types, I think, is an effort to distance the similar levels from one another.

Another one I'm looking forward to seeing is Speed Highway, and how they'll distance it from City Escape. That's the real test, imo - having 2 city levels that close together, might be tough making Speed Highway memorable when the beloved City Escape is right next door.

I dont really expect Ocean Palace or Seaside Hill to be too much more interesting to the Heroes counterparts. Heroes stages were full 3D, while Generations/Unleashed kind of goes to 2D at times.

Not to mention, the loops and terrain and stuff from heroes were like, really awesome to me. Seaside Hill reminded me most of a classical sonic game, with all the odd types of loops and whatnot. (regular loops, diagonal loops, almost horizontal loops, half pipes, huge jumps, ect.) I hope they keep Seaside Hill's ridiculous superloop in there.

And it's also pretty obvious that Rooftop Run wont look as pretty as it did in Unleashed. They dont seem to be using the same lighting effects, and it doesn't seem as detailed.

I dont care though, this game looks awesome.

I really never would've figured the ground to Mushroom Hill could've been made into rocks.

Looks incredible except for the leaves in the background.

They look like paper.

But beggars can't be choosers.

Also, the Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace and Rooftop Run footage in that trailer looks excellent.