A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

Sonic Wrecks has explained the origin of the wanted posters.

I really liked the level design of both Modern and Classic City Escape. Both levels looked so balanced.

Sadly, it's not so good that the 3DS had to have a complete copy of Green Hill act 1 and keep that damn uncurling. It's actually funny in a way, because the end of GHZ1 shows exactly why the uncurling should not exist.

Well, gameplay impressions are coming in from various places and there seems to be a general split in opinions. Game Trailers is already calling the game as a flop. Other sites like OMGN seem to like the game for the most part.

That's a bad sign. Previews for Sonic games are generally near-universally positive. Even Sonic 06 had nothing but glowing previews.

Honestly, as long as the design principals from the Genesis games are present,

Ah, but what if the execution of said principles was fudged up like Sonic 4? What then?

As DW said to me over IM, Sonic Team seem to like to concentrate more on how things look in action than how they actually are - meaning that even gameplay videos can be deceiving.

Did he ever think it could have been that LCD screen he was playing on? I have a few of those at my school. They lagged like fuck.

And removing the button presses from the spindash....i mean seriously, why even mess with that? Sometimes i wonder what goes through designers heads when they do these things.

Oh I know better. Its why I'm not gonna put a lot of emphasis on that list.

Sky Sanctuary though WOULD be pretty awesome and I hope it does happen. Its one of the stages I want in, rumours or not.

I want to see Sky Chase. If you want to talk about memorable areas, that one hits me. I imagine modern Sonic would play like the Tornado levels in Adventure and Unleashed, but hopefully keep the ability to jump off the tornado now and then.

Angel Island Zone would be a really interesting choice, if only for the fact that Act 2 would be downright scary in full 3D. I gotta wonder how many "Zone 1's" Sega is going to put into this, though... They already have Green Hill and City Escape, both of which are the first zones in their respective games.

Also, no love for Sonic 3's Ice Cap Zone? I think the snowboarding sequence would translate really well for Modern Sonic, and besides that, the music is epic. =D Speed Highway from SA1 is also on my wishlist.

You know what would be awesome, but yet at the same time would never happen? I thought that it'd be cool if they made a skin pack for modern Sonic that adds the soap shoes he had in SA2/B. It'd fit the City Escape level quite well in the realm of nostalgia (your views may vary, especially if you liked the Trial version of SA2's City Escape over the finalised one).

Yeah, Sega would go for it :(. It'd be some sort of bad joke if they don't add more levels of the most (or one of most) memorable title(/s) of the Sonic franchise to date (at least to me). And I'm talking of S3&K. Oh well, let's see what is what they can offer as DLC.

I still want my Eggmanland

wat

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys bumping this topic because apparently later today there's gonna be a live Demo on PSN and XBLM so we'll finally have somrthing new to talk about as far as the game. You guys should definitely pick it up, I think I heard it'l only be active for 20 days.

EDIT: Happy 20th Anniversary you blast processing SOB