A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 2 HD: Discussion Thread [Noting that Thread is uninvolved with Creators]

Scarletdark

Really? You can't believe the Sonic Fan Games HeadQuarters would make a big deal of a Sonic Fan Game? Really?

I lol'ed.

Sonic 2 is the superior title imo, even though a lot of people prefer S3K. I understand where you guys are coming from tho.

I'm pretty hyped up to play this after watching that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just not all that excited to play Sonic 2 only bigger. Sonic 2 is my least favorite Classic Sonic game to begin with. I really prefer fan games to fan remakes anyway.

This ^

It's a pretty project, but at the end of the day it's just a remake of a game I've played a lot already. If it were an original fangame with these graphics I'd be really interested, though.

Looks like they won't be doing countdowns anymore. That's good.

This ^

It's a pretty project, but at the end of the day it's just a remake of a game I've played a lot already. If it were an original fangame with these graphics I'd be really interested, though.

I agree with this but if it was Sonic 3 HD it would instantly become my MUST HAVE.

I agree with this but if it was Sonic 3 HD it would instantly become my MUST HAVE.

I would get so hard over that.

But it would never happen, Sonic 3 had so many little things that made it just fucking class.

I swear every time I play that game I find new things. It would be nice to see it in HD... but there are other things I'd rather have.

Like a house.

This ^

Thanks Rael. I was just about to jump out of my closet to say the same exact thing :P Besides, if you put on any good genesis emulator and use Super 2X/3X Sai or whatever you're basically playing the same exact thing for the 1001st time with a slight difference. Beyond that, an emulator will have a lot of useful configuration options ^_^ I'm hoping they do the same for this but unlikely.

Also, I think expressing ourselves about something we find nostalgic is the main reason why -most- of us here. The thing cool about Sonic Worlds, for example, is not that its a good redone engine, its that tons of people can now use the user-friendly MMF to do whatever *they want* with it while keeping it a familiar feeling game. 2c

Also, I think expressing ourselves about something we find nostalgic is the main reason why -most- of us here. The thing cool about Sonic Worlds, for example, is not that its a good redone engine, its that tons of people can now use the user-friendly MMF to do whatever *they want* with it while keeping it a familiar feeling game. 2c

I agree with this statement too. Give me Axiom, Classic, or Zero over this or hacks any day. The problem with this and hacks they still feel like Sonic 1 or 2 and this remake is actually trying to be Sonic 2. Where as games made with Worlds or Dash feel fresher while still remaining true to the originals.

What about dami's engine? If you're t alking about the "egg engine", isn't sonic fan remix's engine even better ? egg engine looked like a great step in the right direction back when it first was introduced, but now that i've seen sonic fan remix's engine, I don't see anything special about the egg engine anymore. Sonic fan remix's engine felt spot on apart from that it needed some polish. Also the thought that only 2 guys managed to make something like that in such a short time, compared to any other 3d fangame says a lot about how good the engine is too from the way I see it.

What about dami's engine? If you're t alking about the "egg engine", isn't sonic fan remix's engine even better ? egg engine looked like a great step in the right direction back when it first was introduced, but now that i've seen sonic fan remix's engine, I don't see anything special about the egg engine anymore. Sonic fan remix's engine felt spot on apart from that it needed some polish. Also the thought that only 2 guys managed to make something like that in such a short time, compared to any other 3d fangame says a lot about how good the engine is too from the way I see it.

Arrow(^) was pointing to Sonic fan remix ;P And Egg Engine was pretty fun, felt really unique. But yeah, SFR's engine is amazing and good on a completely objective level. I don't think the demo on the website uses Dami's 2.5D one though.

I hope so. My #1 qualm is that I don't believe it now because it was hyped for a long, long time. At first I was really excited. The first time they claimed to have a great working engine, it sucked donkey balls(by that I mean: where was it?). Then, well... you know, this happened -_- So I will just wait with skepticism, and when I play something worth being excited about after all of these yrs with basically half of the active SR forum working on it for a while, then even if its a remake at least I will have a legitimate reason :P

I couldn't find the Sonic fan remix thread. But just to go back and react to the whole damizeans Egg engine thing. I think I have may have been mistaken with that the allready used physics engine being far superior than egg engine. It seems Damizean is indeed the new guy on the ship to do the programming and the physics, with his Egg engine(should be better now). It may work out well.

Anyway if anyone could find me the SFR link for me than maybe we can link this post to the other thread :P. Or we can just leave it at this

I couldn't find the Sonic fan remix thread. But just to go back and react to the whole damizeans Egg engine thing. I think I have may have been mistaken with that the allready used physics engine being far superior than egg engine. It seems Damizean is indeed the new guy on the ship to do the programming and the physics, with his Egg engine(should be better now). It may work out well.

Anyway if anyone could find me the SFR link for me than maybe we can link this post to the other thread :P. Or we can just leave it at this

Lol.

Why you loling :ssmile:

Please correct me if I said something wrong. Also, hey you're alive (i'm new here and i've never seen you around). I'd love to hear about your role on the game because sonic fan remix is one of the few games that made me care a lot less about how SEGA cannot do sonic games anymore. Why I say this in a positive manner is because this came at a time where I was pretty devistated to how sonic 4 campaign tortured me. Sonic fan remix was like a new hope and has also opened a lot of eyes (media included). Anyway, is it true?