A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Fan Remix

Kirs

I'm sure everyone here knows it.

Its obvious the effort developers had put into the game, but am I the only one who dont like it ?

Foreground is overflowed with plants, Sonic cant be seen clearly with that background and Sonic himself is too small....

Maybe it have better physics, but I think it have nothing to do with Sonic 4 talking about graphics.

The thing is that I'm starting to feel idiot someway cuz the only thing I read about it is that it's far better than Sonic 4, both physics and graphics, and I cannot really understand that.

I'm interested to know your opinion guys

Slinger edit: Here's the video he is referring to:

Also, some screenshots that are free of that blue tint filter: Screen 1 | Screen 2

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game looks great for a fan game. However, the foreground elements I am not very fond of. The rest of the graphics are really quite nice, and the BG is stunning...except the foreground tiles/models/whatever really ruin it for me. Music is alright, could be better though imo.

But at the same time I still think it is amazing despite that, because it is a nice fan project and I gotta give them credit for trying something of that caliber. However it would be really really cool if they instead sort of took a page from that 3D Mushroom Hill video and made the BG style like that instead, just a straight up visual upgrade. But that's just me being nitpicky :D.

What is this? Why do people make threads without some sort of link to what they're talking about and just assume that I know. I don't care enough to google this.

Dude this is fan game is totally worth the 15 sec google search.

However I will enlighten you by directing you here.

Edit: This game is the shit. It is a little too blue for my taste but still looks freakin gorgeous.

This is just the amazingly most wonderful Sonic fangame ever, I risk to say... when talking about the overall art.

Not trying to break anyone's opinion here, but the very bright, colorful graphics and the screen full of them could represent a problem for when you see them while Sonic's running. I'm afraid I might experience that same "crazy-eye" sensation I have while playing Sonic Unleashed sometimes.

VIVA THE SEIZURE

Dude this is fan game is totally worth the 15 sec google search.

However I will enlighten you by directing you here.

This is pretty awesome, but I stand by my statement that people should inform me of things in the first post even if everyone should know. I don't want to google every thread in the hopes that I find the one good thing.

This is pretty awesome, but I stand by my statement that people should inform me of things in the first post even if everyone should know. I don't want to google every thread in the hopes that I find the one good thing.

OK Sorry, I get it.

And Ok, it seems I'm the only one... time to be proud of myself.

Irony: It's not meant to be a Sonic 4 replacement or anything. It's a remake of Sonic 2. It IS, however, trying to show that the fans can do 2.5D Sonic better than Sega can.

And, well, for me, it looks a million times better than Sonic 4. Tone down the foreground stuff a bit and make Sonic stand out a little more, and it'll be even better.

Is there a point to this thread other than bad-mouthing someone's hard work? You do remember this is a fangame right?

Yeah, I can see that the graphics are a little 'busy' and maybe there is a bit too much blue in there but I'm still floored by what I've seen.

The fact that bedroom coders are doing stuff like this while SEGA are essentially releasing Sonic 2D Blast (pre-rendered artwork is quite ugly in my book. Sprite, draw or fully render if you're going to do 2D) is quite remarkable and shouldn't be frowned upon.

Also, this sort of project puts pressure on SEGA to do better things. Someone at SEGA must be aware of it and SEGA have a reputation to uphold so future releases well have to better anything the fan community can do. I seriously think fangaming can nudge SEGA in the right direction.

Irony: It's not meant to be a Sonic 4 replacement or anything. It's a remake of Sonic 2. It IS, however, trying to show that the fans can do 2.5D Sonic better than Sega can.

And, well, for me, it looks a million times better than Sonic 4. Tone down the foreground stuff a bit and make Sonic stand out a little more, and it'll be even better.

I don't think it's a remix of Sonic 2.

Nah, just because it has Emerald Hill zone doesn't mean it's going to be a Sonic 2 remake. That's my personal opinion though. Although if it is, than it kind of loses something to me. I didn't care for Sonic 2.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, hey, demo's out.

The demo is absolutely amazing, even though my laptop can't run it very well. It basically blows Sonic 4 right out of the water with a nuke.

I second this, the demo is gorgeous and the physics are much better than sonic 4 (not perfect, but very damn close). Even though I appreciate this fan game's goal to redo old sonic levels I would love to see some original levels on this game engine. By the way, candescence have you tried running at a lower resolution or tuning the graphics quality down?

P.s. I'm running it on the Alienware's at school so I can personally say at 1920 x 1080 the graphics look like a product of some mad scientist combining Crysis and Sonic.

This game:

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

Well, in my personal opinion, the foreground "business" actually isn't a problem at all, though springs aren't that easy to spot. Yes, I was actually surprised by how the foreground visuals didn't hamper my gameplay experience whatsoever.

By the way, candescence have you tried running at a lower resolution or tuning the graphics quality down?

I had to do BOTH to get it down to a somewhat reasonable framerate. Then again, it seems Unity really does not like Intel graphics cards... Though, Intel graphics cards are always shit, no exceptions.