A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Mobius

Mobiethian

Hey folks! I present to you a short and sweet special demo edition of Sonic Mobius! (I know, it's about time I produce something playable!) A screenshot:

endact.png

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?s349u468s534wxm

Purpose of the demo is to 'demonstrate' some of the important features of the game itself but is presently incomplete. Zone is short and some demo tiles still remain until full tileset is completed. The full version will feature multiple large levels as planned. Development progress will resume when the next Sonic Worlds version is released.

Zone 1 Graphics completion: 60%

Level Mapping (Total Project): 30%

Level music is from Retro Sonic by Taxman and is only temporary. Credited in documentation.

Play as Sonic, Tails or Nack the Weasel! Nack's sprites are a little buggy with some Knuckles sprites still remaining (Fly and Hyper). Some hot spots are off with standing/wait animations. Will all be corrected in the next release.

Enjoy!

Oh I remember this! I like the sexy, Sonic CD presentation here. Downloading now, and I'll edit this post to let you know what I think about it. :)

EDIT:I loved background for Hexogonal Hill, very nice. Also, was the

Super Sonic thing

intentional? Either way, good luck on this game. I can see a bright "future" for this game...lol

Arr, a special demonstration edition!

The level is looking good apart from the obvious placeholders. A 2- or 3-frame animation for the waterfall in the background would have made a difference for my eyes though.

And about Nack, apart from what has been mentioned, his roll/jump sprite seems a bit odd(and static) to me.

Oh I remember this! I like the sexy, Sonic CD presentation here. Downloading now, and I'll edit this post to let you know what I think about it. :)

EDIT:I loved background for Hexogonal Hill, very nice. Also, was the

Super Sonic thing

intentional? Either way, good luck on this game. I can see a bright "future" for this game...lol

Super Sonic not interntional. However, i'd like to keep it but still unsure. Thanks for the feedback!

Nack the Weasel is playable?

Indeed he is! :tgrin:

You had me at nack the weasel. Downloading now.

X)

Awesome!

Will the Complete game feature and of the Freedom Fighters?

I'd like to keep an open mind about that in the future. So for now, I'll say possibly.

And about Nack, apart from what has been mentioned, his roll/jump sprite seems a bit odd(and static) to me.

Initially, I wanted to use the hanging tail sprite for jump. I can create a roll sprite to try out, hope it doesn't make it look more odd.

Played the demo...Looks good but need a LOOOT of work!

Good luck with it =)

A lot of work indeed, thanks for playing!

Releasing the demo now wasn't really necessary. We can still see the engine tiles in this. You could've waited a while longer. The first act was extremely short also. Nice visuals though.

You're right and thanks. Not much longer the engine tiles will be replaced with proper ones. Next release will be much longer, no worries. :ssmile:

I want to get some of Zone 2 constructed for it as well. And proper parallax scrolling in both.

Very serious. I work on it everyday. I am glad to have great feedback about the game itself. I know there's a lot of work to be done, but it will be done.

Hell yes, that's what I like to hear! Your better than me I suppose, then again it's gotta be my internet that screws up for 6 months every time I get back into fangaming lol.

Hell yes, that's what I like to hear! Your better than me I suppose, then again it's gotta be my internet that screws up for 6 months every time I get back into fangaming lol.

Been into fangaming for many years. Just now I produce a playable something. lol

Interesting! :ssmile:

Hmm if I make a project folder like that I wouldn't lose my files all the time.

Oh yea I like how the character menu looks and Nacks sprites.

Thanks, sprites were created by someone named Silverbolt. Originally granted permission to use them way back when Project: Sonic Retro was active.

looks sexy

I like to think so! :ssmile:

Just a few updates:

1. Graphics and tileset completion for Zone 1 bumped up to 90%, That's a sweet number! Did some porting of tiles into the current Worlds engine for testing but the real stuff happens when the latest Worlds is released (hopefully soon!).

2. Decided to make a last minute zone name change. Zone 3 is now called 'Medial Mobius Zone'. Medial = In the middle, half-way point in the game and is still a city level. I changed it because I am not comfortable having the word Madness in there, because Mobius is supposed to be tranquil.

3. Got some more of Nack's sprites fixed (hot spots and small things) and will be removing his spindash. Replacing with what? I have yet to figure that out, maybe some ideas will roll in to help me along.

That's all for now folks.

Well, I think a good Idea for Fang, to replace the spindash is maybe a shoot. Ya know, he pull the gun up and shoot with it. Not long range and with a delay between the shoots. And maybe it's a good idea to make the player lose something when it shoots, to not abuse of it, like rings. Every shoot consomes 2~5 rings. I dunno.

The shooting element could be limited by either separate ammo pickups, or some sort of "use" gauge that increases on each shot and gradually decreases when idle.

As for a spindash replacement, how about allowing the shots to do multiple useful things (aside from destroying) like giving a propulsion boost, a way to hook objects...

Well, I think a good Idea for Fang, to replace the spindash is maybe a shoot. Ya know, he pull the gun up and shoot with it. Not long range and with a delay between the shoots. And maybe it's a good idea to make the player lose something when it shoots, to not abuse of it, like rings. Every shoot consomes 2~5 rings. I dunno.

The shooting idea is a must. I actually tried to incorporate it into his sprites. On the demo if you simply press 'up' he'll pull his gun out but it can't shoot anything yet. Definitely a great idea about the number of rounds he can make while shooting. Or maybe pick up a few ammo item boxes along the way like what gsoft recommended?

Ollie, supercharged jump idea = perfect!