A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Games from the 8/16-bit era you'd like to see remade

Recently, there has been a large number of games from the 8/16-bit era that are being remade into new games on next gen consoles. From donkey kong country to games like NBA jam (there are many more).

My question to everyone is:

What game from the 8/16-bit era would you like to see remade?

gun. star. heroes.

No, not a stupid HD remake. I want them to do to the game what Nintendo did to mario. Make it 3D, action packed, and full of greatness that ill want to replay as many times as the 2D version. They already tried to remake it in 2D. They tried too hard, imo.

And in all truth....everyone wants an FF7 Remake, but since i've never played 6, i'd love for them to do that one instead.

None. If I want to play an old game, I play the old game. I paid good money for my new consoles so that I could play new games.

It's like how frustrated I am when movies and TV shows and comics and shit keep getting remade into new movies because apparently we as a species have written every story we could possibly write, so we just repeat the old shit.

TL;DR: Dear world: stop remaking everything. <3 PeeGee

nah, leave Ristar as is. It was perfect. I especially don't want to hear any of the music updated - that game pushed the megadrive sound chips to the limit and that's what makes the soundtrack special.

Can't actually think of anything I want to see remade - they've done Earthworm Jim and that makes me happy.

None. If I want to play an old game, I play the old game. I paid good money for my new consoles so that I could play new games.

Fair enough. On that note, I'd like a Vectorman 3 rather than a remake. We almost had a really gross 3D one, but it was nothing like Vectorman so I vote 2D with better graphics.