A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The big E3 thread

Here we go again!

Call my shit a trainwreck if you want -- i still believe the game's graphics are less than that of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, which were beautiful games that *GASP* had "jaggies" and bad textures as well. What, was that long-winded response going to tell me how im a dumbass for using that as a detraction from the game?

Whatever. I respect their decision and their work, but i believe the game doesn't do as good a job as Wind Waker or Twilight Princess did with its "new art direction". It isn't going to make it a BAD game, its just going to make it a slightly uglier Zelda adventure than usual. Especially since Zelda games almost traditionally set the bar in graphics of whatever system it's released on.

Shoot me for having an opinion. Cue quoted post telling me how my opinion is invalid for x reason(s).

Basically some overly ambitious open source handheld "gaming" system.

Was being facetious. Looks like it could have been neat, but 3DS has already kicked its ass. Hell, PSP and DS did that already.

But in all seriousness, 3DS takes almost everything i disliked about the DS and throws it out the window. Horsepower issues are gone, lack of analog issue is gone. Great 3D effect, camera, internet, 3D blockbuster movies...christ this thing is gonna be awesome. I really hope these tech-demos reflect what actual games will look like, but the fact it can render those period is saying something. You know, now that the game has an analog....im sure they could find a way to do a sort of dual-analog system with the physical one and a touchscreen one. That would be SO kickass.

And for some reason, looking at the Kid Icarus game with what looks like a slightly downtowned Brawl model of Pit (the face is weaker), i got a neat idea of what it would be like if they released a Portable 3DS Smash Brothers game. Fack i'd love nintendo forever. I think im more hyped for the 3DS then i EVER was for the Nintendo Wii.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously. Boring. Vigilante 8 and Twisted Metal are terrible games. Ridiculous characters with a stupid premise.

I wrote something witty and sarcastic here, but I gave up on that. You seriously have a problem if you thought Twisted Metal was boring. That's like being angry at a carousel. And ridiculous characters with a stupid premise? That's supposed to be a flaw? Didn't you play a game with a blue hedgehog freeing adorable woodland critters that are trapped inside robots made by a slightly more realistic version of Humpty Dumpty? At least Sereph tries with his arguments, you're just talking bullshit.

The movies will clearly come on UMDs.

No way tendril. It was clearly stated that they would come on cd's in fmv format.

p.s. Duckboy: I love twisted metal. I was just saying that when I was younger the clown scared me until I looked like one of conicteam team's drawings.

Here we go again!

Call my shit a trainwreck if you want -- i still believe the game's graphics are less than that of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, which were beautiful games that *GASP* had "jaggies" and bad textures as well. What, was that long-winded response going to tell me how im a dumbass for using that as a detraction from the game?

Whatever. I respect their decision and their work, but i believe the game doesn't do as good a job as Wind Waker or Twilight Princess did with its "new art direction". It isn't going to make it a BAD game, its just going to make it a slightly uglier Zelda adventure than usual. Especially since Zelda games almost traditionally set the bar in graphics of whatever system it's released on.

Shoot me for having an opinion. Cue quoted post telling me how my opinion is invalid for x reason(s).

Now, I'm not here to slam sereph into the wall like you guys have. But honestly Zelda hasn't always been about setting the bar for graphics, it's more about being colorful and having its own style. I mean, twilight princess was created on a gamecube. I'm sure the graphics could've been amped way more than they ever were.

I've come to just not care about graphics when it comes to the zeldas, as long as the gameplay is solid, I'm down. Though twilight princess was fun, it didn't really feel like a true successor to Ocarina of Time or LTTP for some reason to me. It's a good game don't get me wrong, but it didn't feel epic enough like the other 2.

I just want more instruments. OoT you get an ocarina, MM they add guitar, drums, and pipes. Then Wind Waker comes and they take all that away, and then take more of it away in TP. I loved playing with the instruments back in the day and making scarecrow songs and stuff. I want that back.

THIS CEL SHADED. JUST DO THIS. SERIOUSLY I'LL CLIMB A WALL OF DICKS IF I CAN JUST HAVE THIS FOR A 3D ZELDA. IT'D BE PRETTY AND OLD SCHOOL AND AWESOME.

But seriously, I like that they want to go with the impressionist style...I just don't think they nailed it at all based on what they showed. Supposedly things at a distance will give that effect, but they only showed off a closed area. I wish it had brush strokes for the textures; I think that'd reinforce it more.

EDIT: I'm personally tired of instruments. Except the pan flute in Spirit Tracks, which was just so darn clever. But howling, conducting, and the ocarina weren't much fun for me, and I don't like how they've been grafted onto the franchise when it did just fine without it. It's not a huge gripe for me, but it's an annoyance.

PG, howling and conducting were bs. The reason I liked the instruments was because you could actually play them. TP and WW gave you like no control. Maybe if they had a free play mode for instruments and you could also just choose which song you wanted to play.

Now, I'm not here to slam sereph into the wall like you guys have. But honestly Zelda hasn't always been about setting the bar for graphics, it's more about being colorful and having its own style. I mean, twilight princess was created on a gamecube. I'm sure the graphics could've been amped way more than they ever were.

I've come to just not care about graphics when it comes to the zeldas, as long as the gameplay is solid, I'm down. Though twilight princess was fun, it didn't really feel like a true successor to Ocarina of Time or LTTP for some reason to me. It's a good game don't get me wrong, but it didn't feel epic enough like the other 2.

I mean yeah, thats pretty much the way I feel. I said i was disappointed in the graphics, but i never once said the game was going to suck, i don't know why people always get so heated when i dont agree with everyone else.

And about Zelda graphics....it's not that they've been about setting the bar...its just that they always have. Which is why looking at this one kind of startled me. No matter what system it was on, the games always looked great from a technological and artistic standpoint. This one just looks kinda bleh to me. But like i said, it could just be early development. And if not, whatever i'd still play the hell out of it.

Twilight Princess seems to just have it really weird with fans lol. I personally LOVED the game. I thought every single dungeon it shared with OoT was very far improved. The water dungeon was amazing, the fire one was amazing, the forest one was amazing, there was a sky dungeon, and a desert....and you get to the Temple of Time and find out thats a dungeon too? Man, the game was just awesome. The climax in the twilight relem was awesome to me, as was the epic breaking into Hyrule Castle and fighting your way up to the best Gannon battles in the entire series. Not to mention unlockable special techniques and dungeons, and the items you find were way cooler than in any of the other ones. (i get to ride on a spinning top for gods sake)

I could go on for a while about how i thought TP was better than OoT. I mean, not to say OoT didn't do a couple of things better...but i think those are mostly nostalgic things in my mind. I think TP told its story alot better, and its gameplay was far improved. I think the only thing it failed to accomplish was that horrible, dark gritty feeling OoT had most of the game. (Under the Well. Omg.)

Edit: On topic of E3....very disappointed at no FFXIII Versus or KH3.

The Konami conference was complete shit, as I expected, except for Lost in Shadow, MGS Rising, and Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. No, not Lords of Shadow, that still looks like shit. But a 2D XBLA HD co-op Castlevania with linear levels with several paths throughout each entire level?

Take notes, Sonic Team. THIS is how you do branching paths.

The XBLA exclusivity of the Castlevania thing saddens me. But I suppose it can be added on to the list of games that may eventually convince me to buy a 360. In other news, Destructoid has discovered that the standard DualShock 3 can act as the Navigation controller in a Playstation Move game. Pretty clever if you ask me. Still only care about Move slightly more than Kinect though.

Scott Pilgrim game continues to look awesome. The lack of online play is a bummer, but I've started dragging my friends over for game time lately, so I'll live. Speaking of the genre, I was hoping to see some news concerning the PSN release of Castle Crashers, but I guess I'll just have to wait on that. Same goes for Blade Kitten.

Now that Portal 2 is coming to PS3, I can care again. Now I can put off upgrading my computer even longer! Yay.

Wasn't expecting any megatons out of Atlus, (after all, it was just AtlusUSA at the show) just confirmation that Knights in the Nightmare PSP is going to be awesome, and that Etrian Odyssey 3 will continue the line of DS games that kick my ass. Looking forward to TGS for that Persona 5 and/or Shin Megami Tensei (insert # here since I'm not sure if Strange Journey counts as 4)

Good E3 though. Highlight? Miyamoto confirming that he does in fact have the ability to leap through time and space. I'll be expecting Wii Teleport announced next year.

And since it calls for repeating: I want a 3DS.