A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Colors Thread

Aye. I'm 22, married, and have a three-week-old daughter. What of it? ^_^

But anyway, IGN is apparently calling this "the best Sonic game in 18 years," and the general consensus seems to be that it trumps Sonic 4. Despite the complaints about difficulty spiking, I gotta wonder if it's really as bad as prior 3D Sonic games. xD; Won't really know until it's officially released.

A wife is a female partner in a marriage.

this made me laugh

Okay so usually when Shadow is impressed i'm usually painted the same color. All i really know about this game is that it's painfully gorgeous -- im assuming this is the same team that did unleashed.

The soundtrack is on youtube now. It is fantastic. It feels like a mix of old school Sonic music and "we are straight up copying Mario Galaxy" (That is a good thing).

There's even a fully orchestrated sonic drowning song. Amazing.

Not the Sonic Adventure version?

EDIT: Nope, and it's more like Sonic 1 and 2's version than the 3/Knuckles remix 4 uses.

So I got the Wii version today and played through it guys. I am not going to elaborate on the game, since I don't care about it. I will say that it's not better than the Wii version for unleashed. They are equal if this game not being slightly worse. Even my kid brother's first words when letting him play (without me saying anything) were "horrible gravity" "terrible controls". They could add 1000 alternate paths, but you can beat it by holding on right/forward and jumping when you see fit. I didn't enjoy sonic 4 all that much, and I think Sonic 4 is a lot more fun than this.

So I got the Wii version today and played through it guys. I am not going to elaborate on the game, since I don't care about it. I will say that it's not better than the Wii version for unleashed. They are equal if this game not being slightly worse. Even my kid brother's first words when letting him play (without me saying anything) were "horrible gravity" "terrible controls". They could add 1000 alternate paths, but you can beat it by holding on right/forward and jumping when you see fit. I didn't enjoy sonic 4 all that much, and I think Sonic 4 is a lot more fun than this.

lol

Started playing it today, there are definitely some tricky sections in some of the stages and there is definitely a great deal more platforming. A friend and I played through the first set of co-op stages together at school while waiting for a free computer lab, as well as Tropical Resort, Sweet Mountain, and most of Starlight Carnival. I have to say this game is really quite amazing, and I am glad my friend is lending me his wii to play this and Muramasa since he barely touches his Wii (LOLOLOLOLOL).

Anyway, I have been really pleased with this game so far. I also really enjoy the writing and the VA work, Sonic is a big asshole sometimes in this game.

Ah bah, meh. All I wanna know is where's Sonic CD, Ristar and Pulseman for Xbox Live and PSN. I don't fucking care about this SEGA's desperate attitude

of bringing Super Sonic to the Colors' gameplay

just because everybody complained that it didn't appear playable since Sonic 3 & Knuckles. They made it for Sonic 4, but again... I don't fucking care about that.

What's the point in having it ingame if you can't use it with Wisps?

Ah bah, meh. All I wanna know is where's Sonic CD, Ristar and Pulseman for Xbox Live and PSN. I don't fucking care about this SEGA's desperate attitude

of bringing Super Sonic to the Colors' gameplay

just because everybody complained that it didn't appear playable since Sonic 3 & Knuckles. They made it for Sonic 4, but again... I don't fucking care about that.

What's the point in having it ingame if you can't use it with Wisps?

Sorry, but this post doesn't really make much sense. Sonic Unleashed wasn't the absolute best of the sonic games, but it was quite obvious that effort was put into making it a decent game. Sonic Colors, unlike Sonic 4, shares this obvious trait with Unleashed.

The fact that Supersonic is included as a prize for completing the special stages instead of just getting the "TRUE ENDING" like the other games is a big step upwards. When i found out the cool Special Stages of Heroes didn't reward you with Supersonic or a super form of your team, i was quite peeved. Unleashed looked like the perfect game, visually anyway to reward you with a super form. It didn't. Colors does, though.

Sonic 4 overall is a load of shit, sooooooo yeah.

Just beat it, I loved it however it feels VERY VERY SHORT. I mean, don't get me wrong I haven't 100%'d it at all and there is still a lot of awesome content here, but I beat it in just over 5 hours total gameplay time. I still can go for S ranks and red rings and all that jazz, but seeing as I am borrowing a Wii and I also have Muramasa to play I can't get to that.

Still a great game, really really fun.

lol, it's kinda funny reading the first few pages of this thread, and comparing it to now. First is was, "omg colourz is gaye" and now it's "OMG NEED GAME NAO".

My favorite first reaction was:

Oh come on guys. It's only a trailer! Give it a cha-BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Of coarse that was the past because this game kicks serious ass in my opinion.

The fact that Supersonic is included as a prize for completing the special stages instead of just getting the "TRUE ENDING" like the other games is a big step upwards. When i found out the cool Special Stages of Heroes didn't reward you with Supersonic or a super form of your team, i was quite peeved. Unleashed looked like the perfect game, visually anyway to reward you with a super form. It didn't. Colors does, though.

Wasn't Super Sonic always a prize for getting THE FUCKING CHAOS EMERALDS?

Wasn't Super Sonic always a prize for getting THE FUCKING CHAOS EMERALDS?

The fact that they already have at least eight alien power sources regularly transforming Sonic throughout the game kind of makes hunting for the Chaos Emeralds on top of that pretty redundant. Plus having the Emeralds be a recurring plot element again would take the edge off the Wisps - this is their chance to shine, as opposed to being a side element thrown into another Sonic game.