A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Got it the other day. This game is really great.

A lot of people were worried that this was just the first game with more levels, but they really added a lot of new content here. No, the graphics aren't significantly better, but the game's still gorgeous, and the levels are great. There's a lot of creativity here, and the first game definitely had room for more (I love Splatter Matter and Dark Matter). Yoshi's pretty rad; his tongue can target three things at once and quickdraw them all one by one.

Only complaint? Hub world isn't very charming. Silly, but not as fun. Oh, and lots of sky in this game, a lot less space and stars. Which is weird because it's supposed to be in space, but whatever. It's a fantastic game.

Yeah I saw that too. I was also happy to see that they remade at least 1 SM64 level which I think it neat. I'm really haven't been happy with the overworlds since SM64 though. It was really cool exploring the castle for the first time and it was never the same exploring the city in SMSS or SMG.

No, but if you squint at the game's logo long enough, the sparkles spell out GULLIBLE.

Ahaha, brutal.

That's no fault of Nintendo's Scatta. They've been putting out videos of it pretty frequently. You should read Kotaku more often.

I should really start reading Kotaku.

Yeah i saw IGN sucked this game off in its review.

I saw the initial previews of this game when nintendo showed it off, and i knew it was going to be my main desire for a Wii. it just screamed SMB3, which is my absolute favorite mario game of all time.

Never played the first one though. If i ever get a wii (doubtful) these two games along with Corruption will be my first few picks.

it just screamed SMB3, which is my absolute favorite mario game of all time.

This game looks great. But I don't get how its more SMB3 than any thing else. If anything its exactly what it says SMG2 more than anything else. Other than that it has some levels from SM64 so I'd have to say it screams SM64 and SMG way more than SMB3. I'm just not getting that at all, but I'd love to hear why you think it does.

So what about Sonic in Galaxy 2?

They should have added Sonic to Galaxy 2!

And the game shouldn't have tooken place in space, it should have took place in the medieval times. Then at night, Mario would turn into a were-plumber and he would compete with Sonic in Olympic style events. While they're at it, why not add another fine character to the game: Jar-Jar from the Star wars series!

What a fine idea for a DLC!!!

=)

They should have added Sonic to Galaxy 2!

And the game shouldn't have tooken place in space, it should have took place in the medieval times. Then at night, Mario would turn into a were-plumber and he would compete with Sonic in Olympic style events. While they're at it, why not add another fine character to the game: Jar-Jar from the Star wars series!

What a fine idea for a DLC!!!

=)

Oh ho ho ho, you are so very funny. Sarcasm is most humorous, especially when delivered so subtlety.

A bit of a side topic, I just saw that they came out with a black Wii.

I hear it has a bigger internal memory

All dick jokes aside, I might just pick this up (along with a Black Wii), when I start making that active duty lieutenant pay. oh yeah

Did some co-star mode last night. Glad that's improved a bit. Otherwise I'm just not feeling it. The levels just don't seem as imaginative as before. It's like a series of those 1 shot levels from SMG1. Fun, but sometimes I just want a nice solid galaxy to play in.

Yoshi is a fun addition though. could someone explain to me how a world is now larger than a galaxy?

Beat the final boss. Only required 70 stars, and I've been collecting lots of extras, so I figured I'd get it out of the way and unlock the S World.

Still don't like how Bowser is repeated three times, but he's pretty hard this time a round, at least. Kinda. Actually the last fight has a fun little twist that I liked. Also, comets are permanent now, meaning you don't have to stop what you're doing and go get it. And each stage only has one comet, which I like.

Interested to see what you get for collecting all the stars since Luigi's playable in some stages from the start.