A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Megaman fanmovie premieres today!!

Hii. Yep it's not my stuff but i had to post this, because it's epic news. Today is finally the release day of the Megaman live action movie, by Eddie Lebron. (which is a fanmovie)! You can watch it on screwattack.com when it's finally on!!! :D

Check out the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_JTqVTolBw

trailer 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG2oNX9d_RM&annotation_id=annotation_313654&feature=iv

Get equipped ..release in some hours!! @ screwattack

I thought it was good, but the acting wasn't very believable at all. (although I rather enjoyed Wily in the film)

Its not much unexpected, its Megaman, with real people. Same story different look. Fans of the Megaman characters should enjoy it but the poor acting makes the movie feel rather meh, even though some parts of the movie are really well put together.

Lol, Roll looked so weird though,...I think that might explain that XD

I thought it was good, but the acting wasn't very believable at all. (although I rather enjoyed Wily in the film)

Its not much unexpected, its Megaman, with real people. Same story different look. Fans of the Megaman characters should enjoy it but the poor acting makes the movie feel rather meh, even though some parts of the movie are really well put together.

Lol, Roll looked so weird though,...I think that might explain that XD

I tought the acting was much worse.. But i really enjoyed it since it was better than i tought in a lot of ways... And wily was acting pretty good :D

It doesn't look good enough for me to take seriously, or funny enough to laugh at. Plus, trying to turn Mega Man's fiction into a 90 minute film is like trying to turn coal into diamond with your asshole.

But they did do that already. It was called Astroboy :(<

Shit. At least Mario Bros had decent acting Dennis Hopper.

Yes yes, I know its a fanmovie and all that jazz. But if people are going to hype it up through the likes of screw attack, and if you're going to tell "sceptic people" like me to watch it now, then goddammit, I want something that's at least comparable to some of the stuff the Escapist shits out.

It's actually halfway decent, I've only watched about 30 minutes of it so far, but the acting is believable enough at least. The action scenes are pretty low budget though : \ at least it's not like...high school editing low budget, but I mean, they can only do so much with what they've got, and I understand that. I'll keep watching more when I'm really bored.

If you want to make people actually watch the film, do it properly.

In any case, I've been waiting for this for ages (Screwattack is only hosting the film, the filmaker himself is a rather acclaimed indie director), and I love it. You may or may not like the acting (though Wily is certainly spot-on), and the CGI isn't that good (it tends to vary in quality, sometimes it's actually rather decent), but I can let that slide due to the budget. Considering what the director had to work with, the plot and script is actually pretty good. Eddie poured his heart into this thing, and it shows. The music is excellent, there's lot of little things that add to the film, and Blues is at his most badass ever.

In short, I'd personally say it's one of the best VG films ever, alongside those Street Fighter short films that were released the other day. It's not "So Bad Its Good", but it's above "So Okay Its Average". It's certainly worth a watch. A guy on another forum I frequent remarked that he started to find himself pointing out problems, however then he realised he was comparing it to cinema releases to find problems. That alone says enough considering what the guys making this thing had to work with.

Okay, allow me to amend it a bit - as a low-budget fan film, it is very good.

As a VG movie, it is above and beyond almost every other VG film in sheer quality.

And regardless of all that, it is still very much worth a watch.

Oh, yeah, and you don't have to pay for it. I certainly would pay to see this film in a cinema, though. Even for Wily's performance alone.

I enjoyed the film. Quite a bit of the acting was a bit monotonous, but the script held it together enough to keep me interested the whole way through. Dr. Wily and Blues gave the best performances, Dr. Light was probably the most wooden.

The special effects were pretty damn good despite budget, and the CG work was a bit jarring but it did what it needed to do. The third act seemed to have a jump in quality, so it was really cool to watch.

I think I would have paid to see this, but I'm really happy it was free to watch.

And is it me or girl who plays Roll looks like a boy wearing a wig?

THANK YOU. That's what I thought for the longest time. Although, now I just think it's a tired girl in an ugly wig.

And as Slinger-probably the subject-matter expert around here-will tell you, "good for what it was" is not a good justification for crappiness. A good director will know his or her means and work within them.

Watching this now to kill time. So far, the acting is pretty meh, Roll looks dumb and is super annoying, and what is with the paintball armor?

lol the banter mid-battle. Who are you? I'm Megaman :| Also, he defeated all of them with like one shot. Wut? lol Iceman. Best line delivery ever. Cutman's powers look extra useless in this movie lol. They just bounce off of everyone.

Super out of place stuff. Metal Gear Awesome cameo for no reason. Any 8-bit sprite just looked stupid in this movie.

If this were something I randomly found on youtube I might have thought it was neat, but when you try to present it as a real movie, it falls short.