A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So I saw Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

Andrew

I hated it. The whole ____ing movie is just one big wild goose chase, and for what? so Disney can say "HAHA ____ERS! YOU NEED TO SEE ANOTHER MOVIE NOW!"

I thought the first one was cool, this one has some nifty parts (a few good fight scenes, some witty dialoge) but mostly it was about x chasing y chasing z.

Good thing I didn't pay for the tickets. I would have demanded a refund.

What the ____ is up with all these cliff-hanger sequels?

Matrix, Halo, and now Pirates?

These people no longer have creativity. All they know how to do is milk their franchise for all its worth. This is why I sit in a cave away from all media.

What the ____ is up with all these cliff-hanger sequels?

Matrix, Halo, and now Pirates?

These people no longer have creativity. All they know how to do is milk their franchise for all its worth. This is why I sit in a cave away from all media.

Disney saw that Pirates was a success, and girls want to bang J Depp, so they said "we'll make a sequel, thus make more money"

Then near the completion of the script, they said "hey...what if we end on a cliffhanger, and we make another movie and make more money?"

Same with Bungie. The Matrix, on the other hand, I think was meant to be a trilogy, though I could be wrong.

Seriously, though, trilogies are kinda getting old now. They all follow the same process; first movie has an ending, then there's an unecessary sequel with a cliffhanger ending that's a real downer, and the last movie is the big finale, which leaves many left saying that the first (or second, as was Star Wars' case) was the best.

I'm telling you, though, the third one better come out soon. I'm not waiting 3 years just to to see the ending and put this whole thing behind me.

Disney saw that Pirates was a success, and girls want to bang J Depp, so they said "we'll make a sequel, thus make more money"

Actually, they already had deals for the two sequals only a few days after the initial release of the first Pirates movie in cinemas. Don't spout ____ just because you hate a movie. If you hate it so much, why are you going to the trouble of writing crap about the movie? I could understand if it was constructive criticism or WHY you hated it, but what I quoted doesn't help the thread at all.

And I officially love Gore Verbinski. Can't wait until number 3! If you see it, watch until after the credits for a fun little scene.

Why the hell is Barbosa alive?

Andrew you shoulda listened...when they meant

end of the world, they meant the place where all the dead go.

DUUUUUH

The movie was damn good, had a different mood than the first one, but it was great nonetheless.

Actually, they already had deals for the two sequals only a few days after the initial release of the first Pirates movie in cinemas. Don't spout ____ just because you hate a movie. If you hate it so much, why are you going to the trouble of writing crap about the movie? I could understand if it was constructive criticism or WHY you hated it, but what I quoted doesn't help the thread at all.

Someone asked about cliffhanger sequels.

Andrew you shoulda listened...when they meant

end of the world, they meant the place where all the dead go.

DUUUUUH

The movie was damn good, had a different mood than the first one, but it was great nonetheless.

Thing is, I did. But why would anyone revive (so to speak) Barbosa? It's not like he's particularly loved by anyone. Only reason I can surmise is that the black witch woman person wanted him alive for some reason or another. Still, Geoffry Rush ftw! :D