A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This thread is old, outdated, and embarrassing. Move along.

It looks okay. The problem isn't the shading so much as the lineart. When you draw something to ink on the computer, make sure the lines are as sharp as possible. It's also better to use smaller lines.

Sonic's outlines just aren't clean, they're kind of shakey at points. But overall i say its a decent logo.

I present to you guys. The new Sonic. He is supposed to have a backpack, kinda like in the cartoons and shit, but I haven't added it yet. Sonic is now taller, and features rounder shoes as well as new arms and different spines.

BIG thanks to jimjamx, the dude who made that Sonicu fangame. I had asked him if he could help me out with the shoes, but he let me use his actual sprites and any piece of said sprites or a whole as long as I gave credit. So huge applause to him. *applause*

newsonic.png

Original from USC/Dr. Mecha, Edits by me, shoes by jimjamx

And lastly, I don't want to hear anyone bitching about the graphics. If I wanna remake them because I'm not quite happy with them, I will. End of discussion.

I present to you guys. The new Sonic. He is supposed to have a backpack, kinda like in the cartoons and shit, but I haven't added it yet. Sonic is now taller, and features rounder shoes as well as new arms and different spines.

The sprites were fine! Seriously, why did you change them again!? All the time you've spent on the Sonic sprites could've been spent making stage graphics! This is getting ridiculously out of hand now!

The sprite looks real nice but the moment you put a backpack on him, The title Edge Of Darkness should be thrown out the window... It'll make him look too kiddy.

IMO If Sonic's gunna fight big Mecha Death Machines and stop a Black Hole then he need to be in his teen era not his child era. If he runs up to Metal Sonic with a backpack on I think Metal will actually die from laughter...

Again. Double Post. Cryostone Drifts.

This is really just to show off the tiles. The background and snow are definately not final. Made by combining Quartz Quadrant, Planet Freon from Ristar, and Ice Cap.

[qimg]http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz281/darkspikes598/cryostonedriftsmockup.png[/qimg]

I'm looking at the sky and I'm looking at the mountains contrast and such and I have only one aching question.

Are you kidding me?

I'm looking at the sky and I'm looking at the mountains contrast and such and I have only one aching question.

Are you kidding me?

I already changed the mountains to something much better. And BTW, Criseg. Don't be a dick. "I'm really starting to hate you right now. Stop being a plagaristic idiot. You're 14 or younger and you don't seen to grasp the concept of "NOT YOUR WORK" yet." I had already said, jimjamx let me use his sprites to help improve the sprites. If you don't believe me, he sent me a download link to the sprites. And also BTW, there is really no real download link to download his fangame. So if there isn't a link, then how did I steal his fucking sprites? I asked if he could help me out with the shoes, and he replied with this:

Honestly, your sprites look pretty good as they are now. I like how the shoes are well defined with bright reds and a dark line at the bottom (along with the darker bottom sole). Looks good to me!

But if you want help, I don't know if I could give you hands-on help right now. I'm really busy with a lot of my own projects at the moment... along with work, and other life events.

I can give you all of the project files I've made so far. You can use them for reference if you wish:

This ZIP contains all of the files from my SONICU project. Its got the sprites, the MFAs (if you use MMF2), some text files, backgrounds, etc.

Go ahead and use any of it if you want (in pieces or whole). I don't mind. A little credit wouldn't hurt though :)

Here's a quick tip too:

I don't know what method you use to edit sprites, but I usually make the hands/feet/head/body into many different pieces. This makes it easier to reuse parts for other frames of animation. So what I did to make the shoes appear more 3D, was to make JUST the shoes in many different angles. Then, I could go back and slap them over Sonic's old shoes, modifying them slightly to fit each frame.

I did this instead of modifying each frame's shoes directly. This method seems to help me work out the body language better too.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! I'm trying to get into a more normal routine of checking my email/messages everyday. So I'll try my best to respond in a timely manner. Normally I don't even get a chance to turn on my PC everyday. But I'm trying. :)

So fuck you asshole.

Why would you post a link to something that isn't publically released, are you stupid? Given that I have those already anyway due to me and JimJamX talking to eachother a lot but it doesn't change the fact it isn't for public usage by any average joe.Also, he's probably most likely talking about all the times you stole.

I took the link down already. I apologize. I was so fucking pissed I forgot to take that into account. Plus the de-rep was from the post about the Sonic sprite.

And seriously, If I want to change something, I have the right to do it. You remember what Serephim said, If I let everyone else make the decisions for me, it's not my game anymore.

I'd like the point out that just because you don't like what a few people have said doesn't give you the right to be constantly obnoxious. In other words enough of the caps lock and obnoxious use of swear words.

As for your work I don't really care for the grass or the palmtree. I'm glad you are attempting original stuff but they both have problems. The dither on the tree looks bad and you used way too many colors in making it. Study the palmtrees from the genesis games and try to copy one of those shading styles on this palm you made here. As for the grass too many colors and the pattern is far too narrow.