A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This thread is old, outdated, and embarrassing. Move along.

I do think he looks a little odd being so tall. I'd say maybe just extend him by one pixel and see how that looks? That is if you really want to make him somewhat taller. I do think you should keep the hands though, I like how you did those.

"Sonic: Edge Of Darkness, After 10 thousand years in development, hopefully it will have been worth the sprites." O_O

I like how you tried making this classic styled yet every time I visit this thread it's looking more and more like Modern Sonic2006 type content.

Funny, because this is pretty much what every game on this forum will amount too, given the track record and an obsession with perfect BG screenshots.

I know what most of you are probably thinking.

GOD DAMN IT NOT AGAIN!

But anyway, I was thinking about making Sonic taller. What do you think? I just extended Sonic's body and by 2 pixels.

sonicexample.png

I can't find anything wrong with the sprite. It looks fine. Actually, it looks pretty good. Could you post one at regular resolution, though?

Ignore all the shitty Sonic 06 bias, it has nothing to do with your game or your sprite. If you go off of the opinions of the people who frequent SFGHQ (and that screenshot topic) these days, your game will probably 1) never be finished and 2) won't even be your game anymore.

If you want to make him taller, and you're doing the spritesheet....who else should care?....well, unless the sprite is ugly. But that isn't the case.

The strange thing about this sprite, even though it looks bad (It's not just the size, I dunno, his belly is loking weird and didn't get the nice shading from the first one), I'd liked his hand. Of course, would need some tweaks to get it in the short Sonic, but I recommend doing it :D

Looks great delta! but what is with black lines at some places?,they look kinda odd,I'd remove them or make them either dark brown in the shadow and light brown where the highlights are.(hope you understand what I mean,this was kinda hard to explain)

Overall they look good,and I like them.

I put in the new grass. And Sonic: Edge Of Darkness now supports widescreen. After looking at the Sonic Classic 2 thread down at Sonic Retro, I decided to make it widescreen. 427x240, which is exactly 16:9.

widescreen.png

Besides, like Zenor said on the SC2 thread "Sure we don't use a square piece of shit anymore nowadays."