A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This thread is old, outdated, and embarrassing. Move along.

Thanks

BTW, which looks better? Sonic with the black underneath his sole, or without it?

[qimg]http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz281/darkspikes598/sprites.png[/qimg]

I think the black sole looks better. I've also put some of Delta's WIP sprites into the engine and made some animation system modifications. Here some screens:

GM9T8.pngBjYt7.png

i21iT.pngAbgeA.png

OriB0.png

Holy shit.

That looks amazing. I honestly can't wait to play this game. It looks fun and enjoyable. Of course, that's the goal of games, is it not.

@Delta

I feel the black sole suits him better. Not having it just kinda rubs me the wrong way.

After my previous post today, I started to load some other stuff into the engine. I've fixed some bugs and glitches aaaannnnd, started on the first level using the new, updated graphics from Delta. Here's some screenshots:

tv1BM.pngAV0Yb.png

o31lK.png

Added Delta's new springs:

YQHXU.png

What do you guys think. :ssmile:

• Like 1

A couple of things.

1) I don't use MMF2, so I wouldn't know what you're talking about.

2) Gras shadows are my Number 1 weakness when it comes custom tilesets. I've tried many methods to try and make grass shadows, but they always come out really crappy and bad looking, so I just use black shadows. Emerald Hill used them so I thought, eh, What the hell.

And if you're wondering my I sprited my avatar, it's a secret.

Actually, you can also make it using any program like Paint.NET or Photoshop. Just apply the solid-black colored shadow on another layer in the image, then adjust the layer's transparency. There may be another ways to do that, though.

And you should also remove the green square on your avatar. >:

So, eh, what the f*ck. 8D

Ahh, I see. But well, I'm making Radiant Shrine here, and from what I can see, it doesn't match either. But the difference is that the shadow isn't that large for it to be noticeable. And, after all, I'm pretty sur this can't be a problem. There's difference between a place where there's small sunlight illumination and no sunlight illumination. I-I mean, I hope you got my thought.

Since there haven't been any posts for this thread in the past few days, I've decided to clean up some code and post some screenshots of the progress I've been making on JPSZ. Here's some screens of the new update:

5jUbv.png

Added checkpoints using Delta's custom sprites.

g8gjQ.png

Fixed corkscrews. :P

Fe49S.png

Added the loop for Jade Palm Shores.

7P3m7.png

And lastly, your reward for taking the highest route of Jade Palm Shores Zone. :D

The totally black shadow really doesn't look too good. You can do them like LH suggested and leave it at that cause that's what I do and it doesn't ever look bad. If you really don't like the fact that it adds a few more colors you can always recolor it after you have the initial shadow. I also prefer the old grass too. Just add a few pixels of variation for the tips of the grass and it won't look flat or be GHZ grass.