A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Virtual Console decision

toaster1

Should I get Sonic 1 or Sonic 2? I've been meaning to play the original games for a while - my only previous Genesis experience was Sonic Gems collection. I was thinking Sonic 2 for length, it's good reviews, and because apparently Sonic 1 has problems in PAL, but Sonic 1 is retro, also has good reviews, and... well, I was hoping you guys could help me out.

And no, I don't really want to buy a short game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I like Sonic 3&K the most out of the classics, but I'd say if you had to make a purchase now go with Sonic 1 maybe, play it, then go to Sonic 2 and so on. Though if you want more bang for your buck if they are priced the same (like Rael said) I'd go with Sonic 2.

Um, why don't you just get the Sonic Mega Collection?

Either game is going to run you 800 Wii Points, which is about $8/£8, and you can buy the Collection for $10 (maybe less if you do the auction route).

He's got a point. http://catalog.ebay.com/Sonic-Mega-Collection-Game-Cube-2002-/9504?_fifpts=1&_pcatid=2&_refkw=sonic+mega+collection&_trksid=p3286.c0.m271

Looks like you can easily get it for under 10$.

Keeping track of and putting in the gamecube disk is inconvenient. It's nice to have one Sonic game you can just load from the menu.

Seriously? That's your argument? "It's a pain in the ass for me to put a disc into a slot-loading drive, so I'm going to subject myself to extortion and pay through the nose for a 20-year-old game?" Maybe if the games were a dollar/quid a piece, the convenience would be worth it.

Seriously? That's your argument? "It's a pain in the ass for me to put a disc into a slot-loading drive, so I'm going to subject myself to extortion and pay through the nose for a 20-year-old game?" Maybe if the games were a dollar/quid a piece, the convenience would be worth it.

Actually, this argument is valid as far as the rest of the world is concerned. Heck, it's the only argument people have against the PS3 not having backwards compatibility.

Keeping track of and putting in the gamecube disk is inconvenient. It's nice to have one Sonic game you can just load from the menu.

I take it you didn't play Sonic games until they were downloadable on the Wii then right?

If that's your argument you must have never want to plug-in cartridges, cds or controllers for that matter. Heck you must have never played video games in the time before downloaded games and wireless controllers.

I take it you didn't play Sonic games until they were downloadable on the Wii then right?

If that's your argument you must have never want to plug-in cartridges, cds or controllers for that matter. Heck you must have never played video games in the time before downloaded games and wireless controllers.

Overbound, don't be makin' stupid comments. I mean, seriously, it's obvious he started preferring downloadable titles when they became available. If the luxury exists now, and you can afford it, why give it a pass? I would personally go with Worm's method, but what DW said isn't unreasonable. Sheesh... The stuff some people get riled up over.

Leave DW alone, he's been pretty awesome the last few days.