A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Worlds Delta V1.2

Aikocho

Nearly All the things that's been done is right here on you tube.

EDIT: A slight bug fix.

EDIT2: The Engine Has been updated with more improvements.

EDIT3: Finally fixed the Accelorater Gimmick from Carnival Night. It works perfectly for knuckles.

Sonic Worlds DeltaV1.2

Something that Me and Lark had decided on tinkering with after discussing our own creations. We worked together on an older build of worlds to try and optimize it as best as we could.

It's packed with all the necessities, and some new classic content.

• Like 6

OH MY GOD!!!! :D

*Insta-Shield! (Does it have the full animation? I only saw one frame in the video.)

*Knuckles! Hurrah!

*Maybe it's because I haven't used them in a while, but have you guys upgraded the air bubbles? They just seem more authentic in that video.

*I love that you made it so the boss (and the HUD!) flashes when it gets hit.

*The floating platforms finally sink when you step on them! I've been wanting to put that in my game for a while.

*Pushing animation's been implemented! I've been trying to get that to work on my version of Worlds.

*Screw my Sonic 2-style invincibility; this one's heaps cooler!

Love what you guys have done with the engine overall. :D

The instashield is much more animated in-game; the video skips some frames. I agree that the invincibility looks quite nice too; Kaosu's doing. =]

Speaking of sinkable platforms, I designed them to be applicable to any object through the use of a qualifier, and they do not need any setting up or worries if the object they're applied to has its own on movement routine. There is even a linking system I put together so that you can link multiple objects to sink together when one has weight applied to it. For example in the beginning of the video, you can see Knuckles shifting the platforms down and the spring and hang bar follow in the sink. ;>

• Like 2

The cameras still a nauseating train wreck I see.

:kmad:

Might just be me too, but I'm also not fond of the Super transformation. Hopefully that isn't hard to change. (I prefer the idea in S2-3K it only takes a second or less to transform, while here it takes a bit longer, trying to be fancy :x)

The cameras still a nauseating train wreck I see.

:kmad:

Might just be me too, but I'm also not fond of the Super transformation. Hopefully that isn't hard to change. (I prefer the idea in S2-3K it only takes a second or less to transform, while here it takes a bit longer, trying to be fancy :x)

I tell you one thing, if it's anything about the engine that bothers me most, it's the GOSH DARN CAMERA.

What we've done a lot to the camera. But it seems that there isn't too much that can be done with out having to rebuilding a new camera entirely.

EDIT: @blueemerald

The water bubbles have been upgraded yes. It looks much better than it did before.

I honestly don't understand why some people do not like smoothly scrolling cameras. If you think that's nauseating, then you might need to run outside more. =[

If it's that big of a deal, then I can probably program a simple Sonic 3 camera as a replacement at one point.

• Like 1

I mostly agree, but the Sonic World project doesn't have a great deal of structure anymore, so it really is becoming a bit of a defunct board.

That said, since this is pretty neat, and since I still feel some responsibility for Sonic Worlds, I'm going to put this back in the Sonic Worlds forum and we'll see about using this as the staging ground for finally committing this as a finalized engine posted on the website. Once thats done, we'll close that forum.

I mostly agree, but the Sonic World project doesn't have a great deal of structure anymore, so it really is becoming a bit of a defunct board.

That said, since this is pretty neat, and since I still feel some responsibility for Sonic Worlds, I'm going to put this back in the Sonic Worlds forum and we'll see about using this as the staging ground for finally committing this as a finalized engine posted on the website. Once thats done, we'll close that forum.

But what would happen to the engine and all it's wares? Surely you wouldn't think of throwing that away. It's had a pretty solid start, and it should be saved for the effort it took to even build it.

Like I said, the idea is to get a finalized version of the engine packaged up and ready on the site. As is, there still isn't a single version of Worlds actually referenced on the site. Once you all finish this, I'll go about the process of finding notable builds and we'll see if we can't get a few of them on the main site.

Like I said, the idea is to get a finalized version of the engine packaged up and ready on the site. As is, there still isn't a single version of Worlds actually referenced on the site. Once you all finish this, I'll go about the process of finding notable builds and we'll see if we can't get a few of them on the main site.

Understood. Just give me and my friends a little more time to get it finalized. I'll make an app of it's current usable state for those that are still curious.

I'll make the frames for you. Just post that the active frame of Sonic that you want it to come off of and I'll sprite up a radial light wave that sort of draws away from his form and fades out so that you can add it with the additive blending effect.

Each super transformation for each character is 22 frames of animation. I think the flash should come up on ether frame 12(When he actually transforms) or frame 21.(When the emeralds finally combine)

I hope I'm helping. Bad habit of being cryptic. =/