A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Adventure Online - Trailer (2D / 3D)

soniconlinelogobysonict.png

Hello everyone ^^ on SFGHQ i would like too show you Sonic Team Online's new project calld Sonic Adventure Online (SAO) this project is not going to die since we got alot of fans supporting us and people who help us, tought we still could need some people. We also are starting a Sonic Adventure Online 3D thought there we still are searching for people and a good Engine.

Forum : http://sonicadventonline.proboards.com/

Jobs:

Spriter

Programmer / Multimediafusion 2 (Sonic Worlds)

Coder

Level Designer

Music Composer

Artist

Web designer/ Creator

the gamming progress you can see on ower You tube Account

http://www.youtube.com/user/SonicAdventuresOnlin

( and yes we know this logo is from Sonicxtreme tought we askt him if we could use it and we give him credit for this logo)

THE HUGE LOGO! IT BUUUURNS!

No, seriously, try to make it a little smaller? It's too big to fit on my screen.

Now that that's over with, based on the video you have a solid, if fidgety, engine(nowait it's sonic worlds), and even a custom sprite, even if only in standing position. But could you explain what the point of a Sonic game being online is? I don't see any benefit in playing with other people, unless it's like Sonic 2(3&K), with it being a race. What kind of gameplay are you going for?

Well the graphics for that level certainly are nice. Only thing is that the lights flashing is a bit much because every single one flashes. There should be quite a few that stay on and when they do flash the cone of light should disappear momentarily too.

Also, that logo is massive, decrease the size a bit?

We also are starting a Sonic Adventure Online 3D

Yeah, sorry, I'm just going to have to stop right there and say no. You haven't even started this yet. Having a second project at this point in the game means failure. Doing a 3D project? That also means failure. Why the hell is it that people can't just work within their means?

That said, congratulations. It looks pretty.

The jump effect looks ugly in night time mode; in fact I don't like night time mode at all.

Anyway, I really feel like there should be more to show for a thread like this to exist. One gynormous logo and a video that spends a lot of time on a sluggish opening sequence only to move onto a quick display of the first meter of a stage that mostly has bgs to show off isn't really enough content to ask for assistance, especially to the degree of help you're requesting even though you claim to have a huge fanbase ( guess none of them want to give you a hand ).

Too much bevel on that logo btw.

• 1 month later...
Why did you hire a lazy programmer..?

well youknow the people who say in the start '' HELL YEAH THATZ A AWESOME IDEA THIS GAME WILL BE AWESOMENESS!!!'' after some mothes theyr all like '' You wanna do the game? ffff Whatever do it your self i have better things to do this game wont be something good anyway'' Or they block you and ignore you either way they just give you like in the start abit hope and then kick in the ... so yeah thats why im searching for one.

I really don't like Torque because it's too set in place as an FPS. I found that rather annoying.

Yeah, Torque has its issues. Not sure Unity is all that great - no shaders in the free version? Frankly I'd rather stick with the open source stuff...

Hmmm... maybe if you're willing to use something BESIDES MMF2, I could help! I'm learning C++ and I've got a 3d engine started, using Irrlicht. I'm going to make it SA/SA2 style, and I want to contribute to some one's project somehow.

Well sure I mean I got nothing to loose i already have a moddler so and I would like to accept your help.