A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Adventure 2: Redux (Not going to be finished.)

Password

@Jev

I like your idea. If it's fine with you, I'd like to use those tiles you've made.

No problem, just give credit! :ssmile:

EDIT: Big things like helicopters are often hard to work properly alongside smaller sprites, but just shade it the same way you would a Sonic sprite and you ought to be fine. That one's looking pretty good, but I'd shade it manually instead of using gradients, then I think you'll be a lot happier with the end product. Also, I think you're using a green outline there... you may want to make the outline the same hue as the rest of the helicopter.

The story will be different-ish.

I'd also like to say that this game will use LH's Starshine Token idea found at if he ever gets it going. The tokens will be used to unlock extra levels from Sonic Adventure 1, extra characters/abilities, maybe some extra content. :0

EDIT:

I made a video of the first cutscene. You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPHWI4me-do

A quick note on the "Starshine Token system"

It's a novel idea, but I'm not sure how well it will work in execution. I'm unaware of the scope of "LH" games ideas, but it's a rather glamorous idea for a fangame. Still, I'm not going to knock ideas. I know back in the old days when someone was working on a Chao simulator, a bunch of games signed on to have their collected rings work as part of the core game. It's really a shame that project never took off. But eh, I'm reminiscing.

This project looks promising so far, one of my cardinal dislikes of SA2 was how it didn't let you play as who you wanted to be. And the rap music. Oh god the rap music. This game seems to solve both of my dislikes!

Concerning the cutscene. It's not bad, but it really didn't wow me. I guess it doesn't help the majority of it is just the helicopter and some talking. But hey, those can always be improved later. Right now its best not to focus on extras (like the token system and unlocks) and instead focus on the main core of your game.

NO HOMING ATTACK. IT MAKES IT TOO GODDAMN EASY. Jump Dash only.

THANK YOU! I never understood WTF homing attack was good for in 2D Sonic games.

Oh:

newbm.png

Looks like the engine isn't keeping up with the grinding properly, or is that an artifact of the screen recorder?

Looks like the engine isn't keeping up with the grinding properly, or is that an artifact of the screen recorder?

Actually looks to me like the slope tiles don't tile properly. Slightly updating the tiles so they fit for the slope they are used for ought to do the trick here.