A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Blazblue: DA WHEEL OF FAYTE EES TORNING

So I haven't heard any hype for this game, the team that brought you guilty gear 1-2 XX AC BLAH BLAH, is finally taking a stab at a NEW fighting game, this one doesn't take place in the guilty gear universe and tries a few new concepts with a whole new cast of characters.

The controls consists of 4 buttons, one button being the drive button which does special things for each character. Ragna (the sol badguyish character of the game) for example will use attacks that leech life and replenish his, while litchi will send her staff off to different parts of the screen and you can control it using the drive button.

I've been reading up on this game a lot and checking out all kinds of vids for the arcade version and I just can't wait for this. It comes out for ps3 and 360 next week I believe wednesday, it will have a fully english voiced story mode (yes a full on story mode, with plenty of dialogue and less of the shit you played in guilty gear that confused even the hardest of hard core players) you can play with either japanese or english voices enabled when fighting, it sounds like it's going to be a good fighting game to follow up after Street fighter 4.

http://www.blazblue.com/ this site has some really nice quality vids for the game

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so excited! I got this as a pre-order for my birthday, since my sister is awesome like that. Now I just have to wait for my 360 to come back as a zombie (it RROD'd and I sent it in). It should be here in time for when my copy arrives, I sure hope so anyway! Between this and Street Fighter IV, and then MvC2 on the XBLA...this year has been great for fighters.

Well I'll give it a try, since its technically a new game so there shouldn't be too many insane social reject experts out there yet, so maybe I could get good at the game.

I'm pretty sure it'll be similar enough to GG. Though that special drive move or whatever it's called looks really interesting.

Also, if you're good at one fighter, you can usually pick up another fighter pretty easily.

Point is, if it had been possible, I'd rather have just seen GG updated to high res and all these guys thrown in as new characters. As it is, I'm going to be constantly lamenting the lack of HD Dr. Faust.
Churn out another GGX2 remake? Guilty Gear 2? Whatever it is, it'll be shit.

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, Goldilocks.

Actually, ArcSys has made every Guilty Gear so far, including GG2, Dust Strikers, Judgement, and the recent Accent Core Plus. Sega hasn't developed any of them.

Not that I mind. I think it's time for a new fighting system and new cast.

With that said, who's everyone interested in maining? Noel seems kinda cool, and I like Taokaka because she thinks she's a kitty :3c

You'd buy an Xbox360 for this?

This and Dead Rising. I love fighting games, and Arc System Works made both Guilty Gear, which is my favorite series, and Sengoku Basara X, which is made of concentrated awesomeness. So yeah, I'd buy an Xbox360 for this, if I had the money, and if they wouldn't get red rings all the time...

With that said, who's everyone interested in maining? Noel seems kinda cool, and I like Taokaka because she thinks she's a kitty :3c

Taokaka's moveset just looks real awesome too. I've loved what I've seen of her gameplay thus far. She'll probably end up being my number 1 character to main. The other character that I think looks interesting to play is Arakune, and Bang looks kind of fun as well.