A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Blazblue: DA WHEEL OF FAYTE EES TORNING

Well I mean I'll challenge SFGHQ once I find someone I like, and I've got 8 college buddies that play fighting games every night on campus (though we meet online during the summer) so it's not like I have no one to play with. Just sucks that I play against Jin so goddamn much.

And with regards to ragequitting, I've had a few disconnects. Unfortunately, it counts for both players, meaning both players get stuck with a red name on their D card. Groan.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had THE MOST AMAZING MATCH a second ago. This Jin asshole gets a huge lead on me (he had about 3/4 health. I had an eigth), but I get a combo going. He Bursts, which is a mistake, because I start up a nice 20 hit combo. We're both down to a sliver of health, and we back up to opposite ends of the screen.

He starts his super.

I use Taokaka's grab super from across the screen.

Dodged the attack, made contact, and took out the rest of his health.

Even better, in round two, he starts spamming Drive moves, all of which can be crawled under. He spends the entire match backing up and trying to find a way to hit me. A good 10 seconds of the match was me crawling slowly and him slowly backing up cautiously. Cue 32 hit combo, followed by me slamming him against the wall and Special Grabbing him as he rebounds off the wall. Perfect match.

Totally saved that replay. I'm the king of kitties.

EDIT: Speaking of Taokaka, her Special Grab (I dunno what it's called. 214214C) seems to do inconsistent amounts of damage. Sometimes it does a pathetic amount, but I took off over half of Noel's health another match, surprisingly killing the poor girl. I'd like to know what determines this so I can use it to my advantage.

If it's anything like Guilty Gear, I'll assume it has to do with the combos. The longer the combo, the greater the damage. So, if you do it as your 10th hit in a combo, it will do less damage than if it were your 2nd or 1st move.

This is just a wild guess though.

I've actually found that bang makes a good anti jin. His super where he runs across and grabs the persona nd face palms them into the wall goes through just about every move the fucker puts out, INCLUDING ride the icing, which pisses my friend off so much. I love it :D. My PSN tag is nojj

A 3D 4-player party fighting game on rather larger stages (for fighting game standards) and a 2D 2-player manga fighting game don't really have enough in common to be compared.

That's like comparing Painkiller and Call of Duty.

It's just steaks way of being edgy and different, it happens every once in a while, get with the times DeeDubbya. the closest thing you can compare brawl to is power stone. These games sure they're fun for a while but the whole tournament aspect of it tends to draw out the worst crowd of people ever, and boils down to how hard can we exploit glitches to make me better than the rest.

While you have a game like guilty gear or BlazBlue which is a balanced fighting game that is meant for stuff like that, fully balanced tournaments.

I can't think of an actual rebuttal, so I'll pretend to not care about the fact that everyone else is playing a fighting game without me. D-doesn't hurt my feelings. Who needs feelings anyways?

Speaking of emotionless, anyone try V-13? Everyone says she's a cheap bitch, but I tend to get my ass kicked once someone gets too close. Sure, her C attacks are real nice, but they've got too much start up time. Plus, she can't take hits for shit.

Still, I love catching someone in a gravity well after I knock them back. I can hear their controller clicking as they try to break free.

I'm gonna start adding guy guys on PSN. I don't have a headset, so don't bother talking to me if you have one. Plus, I've known some of you for over 8 years, and hearing your actual voices would destroy my preconceived notions of who you guys are :V

I started playing online now that i have some time to myself and I have really taken to Litchi as i originally thought i would, she's fast and she's got all sorts of range it's kinda nuts. I wish we could send each other replays so we can watch the best bouts we've had, unfortunately they didn't code that into the game.

I started playing online now that i have some time to myself and I have really taken to Litchi as i originally thought i would, she's fast and she's got all sorts of range it's kinda nuts. I wish we could send each other replays so we can watch the best bouts we've had, unfortunately they didn't code that into the game.

Isn't there a way to copy info from your PS3 HDD and host it online, and then copy it to another PS3? GG had seperate small files for replays, I'm sure BlazBlue uses them as well.

Also, how's the online community? Dropping/spam-wise?

Dropping happened a lot at the beginning, which sucked because the person who didn't drop still got an "Incomplete Game". I think I've got 14 or so. They'll change your name to Red if you have a high drop ratio, and most people won't play with you.

They patched that now. I think. I haven't had anyone drop since the patch.

Lol I made a tager just stop playing completely come round 3 today he just let me take round 3. I'm very satisfied with litchi I just need to read up on pro tips or her to make her unstoppable.

Edit: cyborg I checked, it's a seperate filesave for replays, all clumped into one file. Anywho the netcode is fantastic the only lag I've really dealt with is when the intro to the stge plays sometimes it'll chug as it's syncing both players as soon as the match starts the lag is usually gone.

Yeah, I find there is a little bit of lag upon the startup of the match. As soon as the gorrilla fates turn though, there is no more lag for the rest of the match usually. At odd times I might get a tiny bit, but there is virtually no lag at all.

It is great game. I've been maining Taokaka, she is the only character I've played as online. So far I've got maaaybe a 40 someodd percent win rate. I for the life of me cannot seem to beat Tager. They like to block a lot, but never seem to get the penalty. I also don't like coming across Nu all that much either. I tend to crawl under the projectiles but I always forget the range of her C move (I think it was her C) where she slashes with those wing-like things. Then I always just get caught up in some crazy combo.

Of course, when fighting someone who can't play as her its all good. I'd say I'm about decent at the game =). I'm level 14...so I've still got a long way to go xD. It has been the only game I've touched the past few days in between shifts of work. So its been pretty good.

The trick to taking out Nu is to keep pressuring, because Nu doesn't work well when there's a strong offensive push against her. Her C moves are awesome, but they leave an opening if blocked or dodged, and have enough wind-up so that if you dodge over her Drive projectiles, you should be able to Drive dash towards her and start a combo. (Ideally, you want to set up your downforward Drive (hold downforward) to chase her, aerial C, Drive, aerial C, Drive, etc., finish with Kitty Special 2. You'll drain a shitload of health from her small health bar.) A well placed drive can get you around everything and put you in the ideal spot. Don't forget that you can cancel the drive, then drive in a different direction.

I main Tao and Nu now (mostly Nu. 25 wins out of the 30 games I played today!) so I've been on both sides of that machup. :V Whoever wins depends on how close/far the two are.

As for Tager, Tao's neutral A is pretty good for poking, as is her crouching A. You want to move a lot, but not too much, because you'll just get swatted out of the air if he sees that you're dashing the whole match. Landing forward C is a pretty good option if you know you can connect first, but make sure there's enough space to keep him from hitting you first. When he bounces off the wall, cue two swipes from Kitty Special 3, hold downforward and Drive to shoot up after him, C, Drive, C, etc. The real challenge is starting the combo, but once you've got something going, it's incredibly easy to keep the combo alive.

Oh! Don't forget your pouncing Distortion attack! (Double Quarter Circle Back C). Tager can't duck to dodge it, so he needs to either be out of range or jump at just the right spot.

EDIT: Here's a video of one of the better Taokaka players taking on Tager. She (he?) uses different strategy, but the hit-and-run strategy is still there.

thanks a lot for the advice! I'll probably put it to good use later, practice a bit in Training mode though first. I also do love the I'mma beat the crap outta you attack (the pounce xD). I've tried it before, but I have gotten swatted before for timing it improperly. I just want to get really good at Taokaka because she is the only character that is really in my playstyle. As wierd as it sounds, she reminds me in some aspects of Cammy from Street Fighter, and Cammy was my character in that game. But I figure learning the ins and outs of one character really well would do me some good. Eventually I'll move on to learning more of Nu as well, maybe a bit of Arakune too. Not sure since I had fun playing as Nu, Arakune, Noel, and Bang as well so I still have to make a choice.

Tao's still my fave though.

I'll also watch that vid later. I'm multitasking between making dinner right now and checking the forums.