A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Blazblue: DA WHEEL OF FAYTE EES TORNING

You'd buy an Xbox360 for this?

It's okay if you don't understand why people like genres n stuff. I mean, I don't particularly like fighting games, but this one looks quite a bit better than SF4 simply because it's not a rehash of a shitty old cast and has nice animation.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to be honest, I'd buy an Xbox rather than a PS3 because of the existence of piracy for the Xbox360. I mean, if I were to have a PS3, I would buy one game every two years.

Anyway, if I were to play BlazBlue, I would probably main Noel.

1) She's a female Bridget.

2) Bringing a gun to a sword fight is extremely awesome.

Then again, I usually get bored in GG, so I main a new character every few months. I've been through Venom, Jam, Ky, Venom again, Robo-Ky and May.

So a couple reviews have come pouring in, as much as I dislike IGN, their review is actually the highest one I've seen thus far at a 9.4.

Not that reviews matter much (to me), but for those who care, there you go :P. I'm so excited for this...my xbox can't get here fast enough =(

Arrived this afternoon, been playing a little bit of story and arcade. I'm getting used to Noel right now, who has some fun play styles. Also I'm not too bad with Carl, cept hes a bit confusing. Currently playing on normal difficulty, and there are three levels of hard to try.

I would be playing it...but it seems here in Canada it's going to arrive either tomorrow or Thursday =(. Not like I'd get a chance to really play much of it anyway, I got slapped with a lot of hours of work this week. I really want to play it!

been putting some serious time into Noel, she's very fun to play because of how easy her combos flow together, you can easily break people out of blocking by stringing it together correctly. I've enjoyed playing Ragna as well, but I haven't used him to the fullest yet, he's got some neat launch moves that you can use to set people up for aerial combos.

My brother got the hang of Rachel pretty quickly, she's all about shooting out lightning rods and trapping bitches. One of her distortion drive's super charges her lightning rods. Use the wind to lure people and air dash all over the place. And she shoots out a frog that electrocutes people too.

Kinda prefer GG right now. I kept getting frustrated because Noel's combos weren't landing (and I frequently used Orbital Barrel on accident, usually at the wrong range). Granted, I blasted through Normal Arcade without losing, so maybe I just need to learn her Drive better.

Taokaka's Drive is hard to get a handle on, too, and setting up combos feels really difficult.

I'll try Ragna and Jin later tonight. Trained a bit with Ragna, but his drive seems kinda limited.

Ragna's drive needs to be used a lot to be good since it drains even on block/chip damage. When you use his blood kain super, you drain a ton more health and do a lot more damage using his drive attacks which is always good.

I seem to have no problems chaining noels attacks together you basically hit D and then A, B, C, or D + a motion repeatedly and you'll start a good 3-5 hit combo just using her drive. I tend to stray away from taokaka, i have no interest in her, my buddy plays a decent taokaka though, and she seems to be about flying across the screen very quickly.

I don't have a problem with performing the attacks. It's getting them to hit consistently and figuring out what each variant does, because more often than not she'll use a move that totally whiffs, which usually ends with my face making friends with a fist.

Tried Nu this morning. Kinda like her, but it's annoying when most of my health is wiped away. Some Rachel cunt online used lighting shenanigans to drain out over half of my health in one move.

I had half of my health left.

I was so angry that I tore my dick off and threw it at my television in disgust.

I want to try Jin, but apparently everyone and their aunt's dog is Jin or Ragna online. Are there any defense-focused characters? AC Baiken is probably my favorite character to play in any fighting game.

Yea, but it sucks to play so many in a row online. I have played, literally, one Taokaka, one Tager, and two Noels. The other 20 matches were Jin with some Ragna on the side.

But what really bums me out is going into ranked match and be paired with some dude 30+ levels higher than you, who's totally willing to beat you despite the disparity in experience :<

Yea, but it sucks to play so many in a row online. I have played, literally, one Taokaka, one Tager, and two Noels. The other 20 matches were Jin with some Ragna on the side.

Dude, I stopped playing GGXX #reload online because I was getting challenged by Sols and Kys who would drop the match just before I killed them. Playing fighting games online is one of the worst experiences I had as far as online gaming goes. Find a few people from your neighborhood or near you, addict them to BlazBlue, and play with them. Fighting games are meant to be played while looking the other guy in the eye and wanting to punch him (and having the 'ability' to do so).