A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Blazblue: DA WHEEL OF FAYTE EES TORNING

I've won a lot of matches with I'mma Beat the Crap Out of You. A lot of times, the other guy likes to back up when we're both at low health, and usually we both end up using a Distortion, which ends in my favor 9 times out of 10. With Tager, though, you've got a great chance to land it if you can avoid telegraphing it (and really, why would you? :V)

On an unrelated note: I'm putting the character strategy/combo videos from the extra disk on my laptop, so if anyone wants to download them, I'll probably zip 'em and throw them on rapidshare or something tomorrow. I hate having to switch disks just to look at videos, so it's nice to have my laptop on the table so I can watch that as I train.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to separate them into two parts because they're both pretty big RAR files. One is the combo videos, the other is the strategy videos. They're not super ultra high quality, but they're 1280x720 and look good enough to watch while you train. My buddy said he had to make them MP4s for some reason, but whatever.

Strategies

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ANIHWZ66

Combos

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0QKSPL4H

• 2 weeks later...

http://evo2k.com/live/

Didn't want to create a new thread for this as it's almost coming to end, but EVO has been running all weekend streaming live. If you don't know what EVO is, it's one of the worlds largest gathering of fighting game players where they fight in tourneys for cash prizes and other cool stuff. These tourneys have a huge sponser backing including game creators namco bandai and capcom themselves. Takes place in Las Vegas each year, and it's intense.

Today's line up, they just finished up the soul calibur 4 finals and are heading on to Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (PRINGLES!) and after that the blazblue finals will be coming on. Finishing up with street fighter 4 finals. The matches have been intense, this stuff needs to end up on a channel on tv next year, it's very great stuff to watch.

Yea, EVO's been pretty insane this year. Didn't get a chance to watch BB's matches yet (should be easy to find. Most EVO stuff is on youtube already) but from what I've seen from SF4 and MvC2, competition has been real stiff, and there are a ton of fantastic moments that people are still raving about.

• 3 weeks later...

I play it on the 360 =). Haven't played in a while though since I've been busy with other stuff.

gamertag = airsicksquirrel . If you add me, let me know who you are on here so I don't go "LOL RANDUM" and decline it.

I just have to say, this game's netplay is amazing. I feel like slapping whoever was in charge of Brawl's half-assed network mode. Aside from the syncing at the intro of the match, there is literately NO lag in the network matches on this game. Ive had maybe 4 laggy matches since i bought the game, and ive played about 300+ already.

Ive been getting demoralized since i started, but ive gotten to the point now I can occasionally let an Icecar spammer get a kill on me so I can Astral Finish him. This is really the only other 2D fighter ive ever gotten good at besides GG Reload and Brawl (if it counts). So i'd like to see how i fare against some of you guys who seem to frequent the genre. : 0

I feel like slapping whoever was in charge of Brawl's half-assed network mode....

Everyone hates Brawl online. But in reality, it's not the game designers fault. They actually put alot of work into Brawl online play. If you direct your Wii to virtual sever on your LAN while using the LAN adapter, and have two Wii consoles connect, Brawl actually plays online with no Lag. The reason Brawl online is so sheit, is because Nintendo has crappy servers. A

Brawl should have just excluded Netplay if they were going to screw it up so badly. There is literately no reason for it to exist. Even with people on your Friends List it feels like it has a 60 frame buffer added to it.

Add in the fact there isnt so much as a 5 letter gamertag to the people you are fighting or any kind of interaction, and you might as well be playing a Special Brawl against CPU's with horrible lag as a handicap. Ive been waiting for them to release some kind of Wii Channel patch or something to fix it for the longest, but it doesn't seem like they care that much.

Its all good. I was spamming Arcade Mode and the hilarious "Teach Me Ms. Litchi" episodes.

And on that note, i'd just like to point out that this is the first game of its type that actually allows Japanese voices but has acceptable English ones. This is the first Japanese fighting game where I've preferred the Eng voices to the Jap voices. The voice acting is really good, which is a GREAT thing regarding the sheer amount of it.

I agree sereph (haven't seen you around these parts lately btw), the english voice actors are pretty good, what's even crazier is if you're playing online, you have japanese or english voices set, the other person has the oppposite set, you'll hear your character talk the language you set and their character talks the language they set

Its all good. I was spamming Arcade Mode and the hilarious "Teach Me Ms. Litchi" episodes.

And on that note, i'd just like to point out that this is the first game of its type that actually allows Japanese voices but has acceptable English ones. This is the first Japanese fighting game where I've preferred the Eng voices to the Jap voices. The voice acting is really good, which is a GREAT thing regarding the sheer amount of it.

Nobodies voice can compare to Dudely in Street Fighter 3 Third Strike.