A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Universe Adventure

Hey all

Wel, this is my first topic on the SFGHQ. And i'am here with a big upcoming game: Sonic Universe Adventure.

Sonic Universe Adventure is going to be a FULL classic, 2D sonic game. I'am working on it since the beginning of 2009. SUA has new and unique gameplay elements, and a great story. Also this game has self-drawed graphics! Wich i have drawed by myself. You can visit my site ( www.sonicua.tk ) for more information, screenshots, trailers and even the first demo! SUA became pretty popular on the yoyogames site and there are many people who can't wait for the next demo. (maybe on SAGE 2009) check back later for updates.

uni.th.png

(and a little introduction of myself for being here for the first time. I'am Yvarthecreator. I'am an expert in making games (especially platformgames) also i'am working on big sonic games like SUA and my main project. Sonic adventure 3: full dark sonic wich i work on now for over 2 years!!:ssmile: I was banned 3 years ago on this forum because i didn't know how to be on a forum. I was just 13 then. Now i'am 16 and i know how to be on a forum now. Sorry for 3 years ago.)

EDIT: hmmm.. the site is working good for me. lol here's a vid:

And i mean with the drawed graphics NOT the background , rings, badniks and the SONIC sprite(s)

The site's working now, but it's still really slow. The game looks cool, but it goes too fast to even tell what's going on. Some serious Sonic Advance 2 syndrome.

cool story bro.

Good job jumping on the internet meme bandwagon.

This account shares a similar name to an account that was banned for incredibly poor posting habits and forum rule breaking.

Would you like to explain Yyvar?

Thanks for all tips. Btw,yes i slowed the game a bit down and gave the game a screensize option. Ohh and slingerland.. I have explained in the description. 3 years ago was my first time on a forum

That was less than one year ago, Yvar. Not three.

Anyway, when I approved your account I noticed you were the same guy who got banned last year, but instead of banning you again I decided to allow you back in and see if your behavior has improved. At least you didn't come in under a new identity, pretending to be someone else. I'm giving you another chance, so make sure you read and follow the rules this time.

That was less than one year ago, Yvar. Not three.

Anyway, when I approved your account I noticed you were the same guy who got banned last year, but instead of banning you again I decided to allow you back in and see if your behavior has improved. At least you didn't come in under a new identity, pretending to be someone else. I'm giving you another chance, so make sure you read and follow the rules this time.

thanks man.. and i remember that it was a year ago. it feld like a long time. I tought it where 3 or something. Anyway i will do my best. and i saw your game. It looks fantastic. i'am speechless:ssmile:

Played one and a half level, and I'll have to say that I don't like it. It's basically hold left or right and then jump. The whole 'super awesome ways of movement' seem like I'm running through a bunch of scripted events. The enemies do damage to me if I try to use a homing attack on them, and I got shot into a bottomless pit a few times with the cannons and other stuff in level 2.

I mean, it's all dynamic, but hardly interactive. I don't feel like I'm playing a game, I feel like the game is showing me how fast and radical it can be.

I'll give it another shot when I have the time, but like I said, the WAY COOL super speed gameplay is less interactive than a visual novel.

Also, for god's sake, don't force people into fullscreen. Please.

The speed could be spread out a bit to smoothen out the gameplay. As of now, you're either going full speed, or you're at a dead stop.

I like what you did with the tiles, the complementary colors, and all of the geometric patterns. Looks pretty good.

I dunno bro. It's great to be confident about your project but your self fellatio is kind of going overboard. It doesn't help that you spell "Amazing" wrong. Calm down with the super hyping because right now the CUSTOM DRAWED GRAPHICS don't look too hot.

You guys do realize that his English is pretty good considering its not his primary language, right?

Anyway this game is pretty good, but less linearity would be amazing for other levels. What you have so far is good for a first level as it shows the player what this game can provide with excitement and visuals but more hardcore platforming (similar to the stuff you threw into act 3 I think) would be great for whatever comes next. Anyway I still hold true to what I said to you when you first showed me the demo: I LOVE IT AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE!

Also guys seriously Yvar is one of the most mature members of Team FGX and has definitively changed for the better.

• 2 weeks later...
The site is doing really weird at the moment. There are manny problems witht the .TK server.. I'l put another link soon

EDIT: Here's the new link: http://yvar.websitemaker.nl/sonicua This link never dies

Yeah.. about that going slow, I know what it is... We shall work on that. Let me introduce you. I`m miyvrey2. I do a bit on that website for Yvar. So I know what to do.

Also, This link he sends càn be shut down as well.. If we put updates the website will be shut down.

this was oftopic. I know already how the game play is of this game. I like it.. high speed and still a bit difficult to play.