A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Let's have an E3 thread

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/1173/0.757 new brutal legend trailer, it's totally giving off that conkers bad fur day vibe, which is a VERY good thing, except less furry.

Also invizimals trailer:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/1227/0.2

This game looks nuts in motion! Very fun concept I have to say.

I'm pretty excited about Brütal, but I don't like the fact that they put an umlaut marker over the u without bothering to pronounce it any differently. That shit has meaning you dumb fucks.

It's an umlaut because it's German, and Germany has Gamma Ray and Helloween, and they are fucking metal, macking Brütal fucking metal. SO YEA IT HAS MEANING >:|

It's an umlaut because it's German, and Germany has Gamma Ray and Helloween, and they are fucking metal, macking Brütal fucking metal. SO YEA IT HAS MEANING >:|

brutal.jpg

In my search to look for a trailer for Brütal Legend, I found this interesting story:

Activision sues Double Fine to stop release of Brutal Legend

"Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it. Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

EDIT: HOLY SHIT....IT'S JACK BLACK AWESOME

Uh, hello, I studied German for over 3 years and lived there for two. I know it's German. Thats why I am saying it should be pronounced differently from just brutal.

No, no, no, you don't get it. It's pronounced 'brutal' because the game is brutally awesome, but it has an umlaut because of graphical symbolism, unrelated to its very pronunciation. Think outside the box, man! You're limiting yourself by what you know, not letting what you feel take the lead!

HEY GUYS I'M JACK BLACK! WHACHOW! HIYA! WE'RE GONNA ROCK AND ROLL AND KICK SOME ASS AND SHIT YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

On a semi-E3 related note, I got Tiger Woods with the Wii Motion Plus today. The golf is pretty hard for morons like me (I need to set the difficulty to All Play. i.e. Mom Difficulty) but Frisbee golf is so accurate, it's scary. Holding the frisbee at all sorts of angles is fun just because, well, it's one to one. I even spun in a circle, and the game was like "lol whatever. I'll play along, dork".

There's a problem, though: I suck at throwing Frisbees in real life and in the game. I really, really suck :(

There's a problem, though: I suck at throwing Frisbees in real life and in the game. I really, really suck :(

It's all in the wrist. You don't want to power through with your biceps; those move naturally with the flick of your wrist.

And hey, what's with all this negativity against Jack Black? Yeah, he does a lot of crazy shit, but he's not a terrible musician, he's a funny guy, and he knows it. Milk it while you can I say.

I set it to "Mom Difficulty" (All Play) because standard is actually pretty hard (I was, like 7 over par for the entire tournament). I only ever golfed once excluding minigolf, so maybe I'm bad at that too? All Play helps fix your shots so you're not all over the place. It's a pretty good introduction, so I'm hoping to wean myself off that soon and play for real (which was still pretty convincing, even though I failed at it originally).

However, putting feels legit. It measures how far you pull back and how fast you putt forward, so the ball reacts exactly as you'd expect, meaning you need to be gentile or else you end up putting back and forth like an idiot. That's basically what WiiSports tried to do, except it knows where you're pointing, so it knows "okay, he's making contact...now!" It's always telling you "hey, point the club down" and stuff, so it oddly knows if I'm pointing at the floor, even if there isn't any LED lights in sight. But we'll have to see what other games do, because it's gonna be up to the programmers, and there are still idiots who can't program buttons correctly.

And for what it's worth, the creepy 3D model of me copied my movements pretty damn accurately.

I was gonna get a tennis game (it's like a sword, right?) since my dad's a hardcore tennis nut and an avid gamer, but I heard the EA game was "meh" and haven't heard anything about Virtua Tennis.