A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Let's have an E3 thread

I'm interested in MAG, but I'm wondering if it's going to run as smoothly as they hope. Being one dude in a squad of a bigger army is rad, but you're assuming all those squads are gonna be able to work together.

Totally buying the Hannah Montana PSP bundle.

EDIT: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box™ Aug. 24, 2009

Hell yes. I was afraid this wasn't coming out.

EDIT: Because someone on the forum always finds a way into Nintendo's E3 site every year....

http://press.nintendo.com/E32009/

User: E32009

pass: nintendo

Enjoy your high res artwork and screenshots <3

This may not be some E3 news, this is sorta old news, but I heard that Capcom and Marvel teamed up again to bring Marvel. vs Capcom 2 to the Xbox 360 and PS3 through Live Arcade and Store. The port is being developed by Backbone Entertainment.

Yay.

:aparty:

(YOU PS3 OWNERS ARE LUCKY. YOU ALL GOT A EARLY DEMO!)

Edit: Eh... Also, this is sorta big news of the fighting game fan base since Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is rare in stores and online...

way to be late there on that news :o. There's a thread on it in our games forum btw.

And yes PG, I'm very much hoping 14 will be more user friendly and also getting into it when it actually comes out might help that out.

EDIT: and as if to say FUCK YOU to natal, sony comes out with a camera/motion control combo, they demoed it and it's fast as shit and is recognizing everything pretty much 1:1

yea i'm actually thinking sony came out on top with the whole motion control thing. It's extremely impressive and everything is being tech demoed on stage. The other thing that I like about this whole setup is that this is all going on on a very dark stage setting and it's still picking everything up nicely.

oh October 22nd launch date. Exciting stuff for microsoft.

And i'm with you there Peej, that shit is going to suck, but the game looks incredible!

So this years E3 my personal favorite presentation was definitely sony, they had a ton to show off, and plenty of footage for everything.

Definitely. I think everyone did a really good job presenting this year, especially after last year fell flat. Definitely looking forward to reading up on the live demos.

I'm looking through the screens for S&P2 that Nintendo has up, and damn, this game is looking intense. I'd like for the video to finish downloading :(

The Sony presentation was great. The atmosphere was great, the games were great, the PSP looks like very good competition for the DS, the prototype for the motion control is looking very impressive considering it's just a very early tech demo. But no PS3 slim is a disappointment.

All in all, MS will get the most money out of this, Sony is getting up on its feet as far as the PS3 goes. Nintendo delivered what they should have game wise, and what they should have a long time ago hardware wise. I can't make up my mind who will "win E3" between Sony and MS, but Nintendo comes last as far as home consoles go. (In my opinion.)

With this, I officially open the post-E3 flamewars.

Nintendo showed Metroid and that is a win in my book. It cancelled out the other 50 minutes of boredom.

Sony just owned pretty much everyone, despite not having a pricedrop and showing their motion bullshit counterpart. I'm still touching myself from that Last Guardian trailer.

Well, I coudn't care less about NSMB wii. It seems just like NSMB for DS except that it has a much bigger screen, multiplayer and some new items.

Anyway, Mario Galaxy 2 looks great. And I expect Project 'Trico' to be a great game.

I didn't really like the Golden Sun games...

What? Don't look at me like that.

Can you feel me glaring from all the way over here?

Haha, it's alright, not a game for everyone. To be honest, I never really got into any of the Metroid games. I'm sure they are good, but I just prefer the fantasy styled Zelda adventure game to sci-fi. Environment is a big factor for me. I fall for tons of games that have magic, summons, and swords (see love for Golden Sun)