A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Let's have an E3 thread

[12:51]: he's so full of hot air you'd think he flew here myself

[12:51] CrazyGreg6: hey, he's more modest than Yamauchi was...

[12:51]: BARELY

I'm glad DSiWare is getting a nice push. I'll pass on Super Mario Lemmings 2, but the flipbook could be neat, and DIY WarioWare means more penis games.

i'm very happy that they decided to make a 2nd mario galaxy. Ok, looks like I won't be let down this year, definitely wasn't an amazing show, but it had plenty of things for me to be excited for.

EDIT: Awww shit what's this new shit nintendo's got??

Wow team ninja + nintendo team up? Completely unexpected, WTF METROIIIID THIS SHIT LOOKS SICK!! God of war metroid style, haha I cannot wait.

I wouldn't say they redeemed themselves. Last year wasa pretty horrid, and Microsoft's conference had good reception, but you have to be soulless to say no to two new Marios, a Golden Sun, and a Metroid. It's gonna be a good fourth quarter/new year.

Still, nothing from Retro Studios? Odd. And a lack of Kirby makes me wonder if the HAL just dropped the Gamecube/Wii game.

Also, Metroid's trailer TOTALLY recognizes the story of the previous games.

"Any objections, lady?"

HELL NO. LET'S DO THIS, ADAM!

Let's see:

2 Marios - good.

God of Metroid - also good.

the Counduit is also good.

Dead Space looks forced.

FF and KH are gonna sell no matter what.

All in all, good Nintendo games for the Wii, Wiimote upgrade that should have been like that from the start, and a crapload of DS thingies.

I still liked MS's conference more. They had more to show.

Actually i take back the god of war mashup comments, it seems more along the lines of a ninja gaidenish playstyle, very very fast paced, looks like she has a very varied move set. And yes i know team ninja created ninja gaiden, which makes sense.

Sony's conference is at 3PM eastern, it will probably showcase a lot of stuff, but still be extremely boring. Anyone notice how the Msoft and nintendo conferences both seemed to focus way less on their numbers than the previous years?

Actually i take back the god of war mashup comments, it seems more along the lines of a ninja gaidenish playstyle, very very fast paced, looks like she has a very varied move set. And yes i know team ninja created ninja gaiden, which makes sense.

I actually like slow paced Metroid more. But that's just me. I don't know, I saw a bit of platforming in the trailer, so it looks like a God of War and Tomb Raider combo if you ask me.

Sony's conference is at 3PM eastern, it will probably showcase a lot of stuff, but still be extremely boring. Anyone notice how the Msoft and nintendo conferences both seemed to focus way less on their numbers than the previous years?

We only saw a bit of Metroid: Other M. And really, the trailer was kinda goin right on by, so we should really wait and see what happens. They're not gonna put quiet exploring in a trailer.

Besides, Nintendo's collaborating with Ninja on this (as opposed to handing off their franchise, like they did with Zelda/Capcom, Star Fox/Namco, Metroid/Retro). So I think we're gonna see something more in the vein of the old games. I'm hoping for more atmospheric puzzles than what Retro brought us. Not too sure on how these cutscenes will affect the gameplay, but I'm optimistic.

As for the lack of numbers, I think Nintendo listened to the backlash they got last year from nearly every site. I mean, Reggie said he reads the blogs. Maybe he's reading this thread right now...

HEY REGGIE WHERE'S MY KIRBY GAME YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE ONE.

Honestly, Nintendo did announce some things (like the Mario games) that caught my attention, but when I heard about Golden Sun DS, I honestly stopped caring about everything else. I've wanted another Golden Sun game for ages, and now I will be getting one. That's all I care about, their press conference was a success in my opinion. Now if I can just get more screens and videos of it, that'd make my day.