A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Let's have an E3 thread

It's all the stuff of a great game, it's just that I would have rather seen something totally different.

Keep in mind: when Nintendo does something different, people bitch and moan about how it's too different. Then when they go back to what fans wanted, fans complain about it being the same.

Then the Nintendo fans started getting mad at the sun for shining.

I for one welcome our new Yoshi tongue-slinging, Yoshi balloon-riding, time stopping, ice freezing, Tiny Huge Island-reviving, giga drill breaking overlords.

What would be the main series? I'm not really that knowledgeable of Mario games to know. The Mario Bros series?

The 'main series' are the platformers (Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy etc) that have Mario as their main character. That means everything else are spinoffs.

HEY I HEARD THERE WERE OTHER THINGS AT E3 MAYBE WE SHOULD TALK ABOUT THOSE :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-09-hands-on-with-wii-sports-resort-134806.phtml

That article pretty much justified the $5 I was smooth talked into putting down on this game. I'm...dare I say...excited for WiiSports Resort. Plus, I'll have to get one of those attachments eventually, though I hear Red Steel 2 and a bunch of other games are going to be packaged with it as well.

HEY I HEARD THERE WERE OTHER THINGS AT E3 MAYBE WE SHOULD TALK ABOUT THOSE :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The Grinder looks like it could be good. House of the Dead: Overkill has taught me that the Wii is ideal for pointing and killing stuff. Plus, the Grinder also looks like a grindhouse movie.

I'm skeptic about the Saw game, as I am about every movie-based game, but it's Konami, so it could be good.

ModNation Racers looks like fun, and it reminds me of Trackmania, only with the edges cut out. And I really liked Trackmania.

I actually use the touch screen buttons sometimes. Like if I'm using one hand to eat a sandwich. It's actually faster, and the buttons are bigger.

Blowing on a PSP is...like...breathing. So that's got to be the most streamlined gaming experience ever. I could be typing this post with one hand, eating a sandwich with another hand, and playing PSP with my breath.

Worm, this is the future.

So where does that put Super Mario World 2?

Oh ho ho, that one makes you think doesn't it?

Come to think of it, was it ever called Super Mario World 2 in Japan? I think it was just called Yoshi's Island over there, and the Mario World moniker was slapped on the English title so it would sell better.

@Not_cyborg_ar: Invizimals might just be enough to get me to buy a PSP. After all, I am a fan of monster-battling RPGs, especially ones that can go beyond what Pokemon had already pioneered -- for example, Spectrobes and its fossil-digging and card-registering features.

Anyone remember back in the late '90s when "Skannerz" were all the rage? Y'know, that Tamagotchi-like device that revealed creatures and items whenever you scanned a bar code with it? Invizimals reminds me of that, only it's way cooler.

I actually use the touch screen buttons sometimes. Like if I'm using one hand to eat a sandwich. It's actually faster, and the buttons are bigger.

Blowing on a PSP is...like...breathing. So that's got to be the most streamlined gaming experience ever. I could be typing this post with one hand, eating a sandwich with another hand, and playing PSP with my breath.

Worm, this is the future.

Really cheap joke...

Listen, I know that a Graphic Design/Illustration degree from the University of Massachusetts Lowell might require you to blow things in your future, I'm not planning on using my breath for anything other than oxygenating my lungs and expressing my disgust. (But who knows, the economy might get that bad....)

Come to think of it, was it ever called Super Mario World 2 in Japan? I think it was just called Yoshi's Island over there, and the Mario World moniker was slapped on the English title so it would sell better.

スーパーマリオ ヨッシーアイランド

Super Mario Yoshi Island

OH SNAAPPPPP

Oh FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Why the hell is everyone getting so excited over ONE DRAWING? Am I missing something? Is it actually subtle flash animation that shows the core game mechanics and story but my PC can't run it because the flash animation is 'Wii owner' only? I fucking swear that fans will be the final prod to push me off the ledge of the mountain called 'Faith in humanity'. The only question is which fanbase.

Sometimes, I think Worm stalks me.

Also, the reason people are interested in the Zelda are is because Miyamoto says it's important to the gameplay, and that Zelda isn't going to be Ocarina of Time clones line TP was. Also, Link's lack of a sword in that picture is also pointed out, as he said that's important as well, hence all these "THE GIRL IS THE MASTER SWORD" theories.

I'm predicting some kind of expansion on the 2 person puzzle solving seen in Wind Waker. And a return of motion controls, because Link's a righty again.

(Plus, Zelda fanboys are rabid. Grown men were crying when Twilight Princess was first shown. They're probably on forums, foaming at the mouth right now. A nice break from their silly timeline theories, I guess.)

Finally, the Wii gets a Zelda game. Twilgiht Princess didn't count for me because it wasn't really a wii game. It was just a port of the gamecube twilight princess. The only reason it came out before the gamecube version is because the rushed the wii version for Wii launch. So you can expect some widescreen HD quality zelda action for the first time on the wii in like 5 years :scool:

Uh...if I'm playing a Wii game, widescreen is the last thing on my mind.

I hear the Wii uses some sort of sci-fi input device? I guess that'd be pretty important.

Also, Zelda stayed on Gamecube because losers like me reserved it a year in advance, and if it was canceled after 3 years of teasing, blood would run through the streets.

So where does that put Super Mario World 2?

Oh ho ho, that one makes you think doesn't it?

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, originally released as Super Mario: Yossy Island (スーパーマリオ ヨッシーアイランド Sūpā Mario Yosshī Airando?) in Japan,

So it's not really "Super Mario world 2" or a sequel/prequel(?) of SMW.

because Miyamoto says it's important to the gameplay

I always forget that little detail.

So it's not really "Super Mario world 2" or a sequel/prequel(?) of SMW.

If you ask me, the 'main series' would be SMB 1, SMB 3, SMW1, the SMB game for the DS and the new Wii SMB. Heck, I'd even count SML for the GB. It's because they share the same gameplay, while all the other 'main' 3D Mario are new games rather than '2D to 3D conversion'. Again, I could be wrong.