A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

1/27/09 Sonic Worlds Release - LATEST (experimental) BUILD

Rael0505

There's nothing to fix in the other one. Just change the global variable "GameMode" to 0. GameMode 999 is quick test, wich disables the titlecard :P

:omg: Are you serious?? I would have never figured that out; of course, the name GameMode is kind of misleading. If I had known this sooner, this would have saved me a few good hours of experimenting.

:omg: Are you serious?? I would have never figured that out; of course, the name GameMode is kind of misleading. If I had known this sooner, this would have saved me a few good hours of experimenting.

Edit: Ah, no, there's not. Probably forgot to put it anyway. Since you guys have been using a RC, not a real release version, I would've put the game mode back to 0 in that.

Edit: Ah, no, there's not. Probably forgot to put it anyway. Since you guys have been using a RC, not a real release version, I would've put the game mode back to 0 in that.

It's all right. All that matters is that it works. It doesn't seem to make any difference, anyway; the title card still works the same with or without the GameMode variable.

Here's an beta/test SS stage.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WPCLTZN2

You need fifty rings to enter.

1.) Go down and you'll see a protection shield and speed shoe. Hit the blue button.

2.) Spin dash and break the walls.

3.) When you get to the top thing, jump on it. It lifts up then stops. If you have 50 rings. jump under it.

• Like 1

Azu, you are awesome. And this is a cool idea for a Special Stage, too! I had fun trying this out. (I even added the Emerald sound effect to the stage for fun.) However, is it just me, or do the pinball flippers seem a little less "slippery?" It just seemed easier to roll around on the flippers. Was that intentional? Either way, I love this new addition. :) +Rep

I bet it's because I have Sonic always rolling.

If that's what you have it set to do, that's most likely the case. Without that, Sonic should still be rolling all the time, since the flippers will force Sonic into a roll, and Sonic will always be jumping around in the stage anyway, so it renders the event obsolete.

Would it be possible to post these inside a ZIP or RAR? For some reason my computer does not like downloading .MFAs as-is :S

Are you sure it's not just your browser? Perhaps you'll be able to download it if you use a different browser.

@Azu: That won't really be effective unless you have a level editor to load the second act while at the end of the first. If you just try to make a huge level to fake them both together, more than likely many users will suffer from rages of mmf2 lag.

Really? I guess so. I know I wouldn't get lag, but I guess others would.

So, what would you suggest?

By the way.

There's a rings bug that been bugging me. Somethings I get 10 rings, when there's a row of 14. Then there's times when I get 15, etc. It seems the faster you go, the less rings gets collected.

Just notice the rings counter.

It seems more like a problem with the magnetic shield to me. Plus, your 4x4 box isn't going to behave better than the 27x27 one.

Edit: If you watch your own video you'll notice it. First, you have two problems there:

a) The ring's initial direction vector (when they're affected by the magnetic field) is weird, it doesn't seem to point correctly to the player. Either you need to change the activation radius, or use other methods for detecting.

B) The rings object is deactivated when outside the screen. If you haven't bothered on creating a new object for moving rings once they get magnetized, you're going to lose them once they get outside the screen boundaries.

The only case scenario in wich a collision with a ring would skip is when Sonic surpasses the speed of 27 pixels per frame, wich is never going to happen, mostly because the engine is unstable when approaching a certain speed (therefore, that's why there's a speed cap).

There's a rings bug that been bugging me. Somethings I get 10 rings, when there's a row of 14. Then there's times when I get 15, etc. It seems the faster you go, the less rings gets collected.

I usually find that using an overlapping condition combined with a pick-one condition ( of the object you're collecting ) works better than the upon collision condition that's being used for ring detection.