A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Who are your favorite fan-game authors? (+ about me)

flame6753

The Nexus crew are one of my favourites, and it was Slingerland that introduced me to this place.

I also like the Emerald Ties guys too, since I really like that one as well. Streak's game is pretty awesome as well, I have to find the time to try that new demo that I saw posted up on Sonic Stadium.

Other than that I am still new to fangaming so I don't really know a whole lot. I really wish I had time to work on my own, but lots of things just keep getting in the way so it just sits there for now.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, well I've been here on and off for about 10 years... I would have to say there have been several people that I appreciate, respect or admire for several different reasons. I'll give my(probably) incomplete list here.

Aytaç Aksu - Magicgrafx

Not to say that he got me into fangames, but back in the day when all we really used was click(aside from a few programmers like Stealth), his games were really top of the line. Not only did he always crank out new games, but they always seemed so much better than the last. SCR, with n8dawg's sprites seemed amazing in early Highschool : ) His games always had a great overall presentation, although now they arent so extraordinary it inspired me a lot back then to improve my programming ability.

Manic - NeoSonic series

Although I disagree with certain parts of his personality, I really liked the NS games back in the days, and the little comic thing : )

SSNTails - Sonic Robo Blast 2

What can I say? This game was a classic. Aside from that, it inspired the ever popular IRC room. lol.

Damizean -

Well, he's the only guy I talk about programming with(in GML at least), or who bothers to understand wtf I'm talking about when I do talk about it... lol. And he's an amazing programmer that always helps people out.

AKA

Don't know if anyone remembers him, but he was one of the greatest composers here ; P

Rob - Sonic Epoch

I don't remember his last name, but man... this game was amazing. Everything was handdrawn, and the game had an original engine programmed by him and an amazing plot. Paying true fan fair to SatAM fans : )

Taxman - RetroSonic

Do I really have to explain myself here?

Blue Frenzy - Sonic Frenzy Adventure

Tied up with RetroSonic, the best demo I've played here. Hands down.

Rael - Emerald Ties

Aside from being my closet lover, Emerald Ties.

GamerDude - Emerald Ties

What I said above.

Streak - Mecha Madness

MM is pretty unique, and he seems to be pretty dedicated. Aside from that, he's also from NYC. lol

This is just off of the top of my head ^_^ Maybe I'll post more later.

madventure was excellent.

anyone have jamie's sausage roll minigame? i believe it was a christmas game or something a couple of years ago. i remember it being very fun and addictive.

edit: wait, did i ever release anything, eminence? i don't.. really remember. i remember making a shitload of tutorials though.

hai sk. <3

Suspended Chaos.

EDIT: Oh and SupaChao has attempted some pretty interesting things.

Sick. I'm cool too.

the Emerald Ties guys

Pretty much.

and Lark, for doing my work for me. It was teamwork, I was the moral support side.