A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

C'mon! No world cup topic?

Blues

Guest Shadix

I personally find Soccer aggravating to watch, but since my Dad is a huge Soccer nut I've been stucking sitting through a few games of the cup.

Billiards is a sport now?

I saw that one, Andrew. The game I watched the most intently was the USA vs. Italy match and let me tell you...that Italy is full of pussies. They carried 5 people off on a stretcher after getting slide tackled when Brian McBride [uSA] gets elbowed in the face and is busted open and then quickly returns to the game. That referee also sucked ass. He red carded two Americans after late slide-tackles, which were happening all day, so the cards were unnecessary. He was just making up for the red card on Italy, but that one was quite deserving, because he...oh I don't know...elbowed McBride in the head.

The Czech Republic vs. Ghana was also a treat, because it's nice to see the underdog win. Plus, the African teams have the greatest celebrations ever following goals.

USA sucks. So I don't watch.

You should have read what the reporters of Hello (I think) magazine were saying about how Australia were in it to fill the numbers.

Well MISTER SMART ASS LOOK AT THESE RESULTS!

Group E

Team GP W D L GF GA GD PTS

Italy (ITA) 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4

Czech Republic (CZE) 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3

Ghana (GHA) 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3

United States (USA) 2 0 1 1 1 4 -3 1

Group F

Team GP W D L GF GA GD PTS

Brazil (BRA) 2 2 0 0 3 0 +3 6

Australia (AUS) 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3

Croatia (CRO) 2 0 1 1 0 1 -1 1

Japan (JPN) 2 0 1 1 1 3 -2 1

Oh you see that? Australia, having never been in a world cup for over 30 years yet 2nd to Brazil? Scoring 3 goals in 2 matches? Wow, they must be just 'filling' in the numbers for the world cup. Idiots.

By the way, if anyone here knows anything about world cup soccer they would know how much Australia has overcome this world cup. I will never forget the match againts Japan...3 goals in the last 7 minutes. Unreal.

I don't normally like watching sports myself (On TV though because I enjoy actually being there) but damn the World Cup is just so exciting.

I was at an Argentine bar in SoHo for the Argentina VS Ivory Coast game and it was tons of fun, just being there watching the game on a huge projection screen screaming like fools with all the people when they scored. Wish I went for the Serbia game.

ahaha Poor USA, it's ranked 5 in the world and had to go up against the 2nd best in the world (Czech Republic) in their first match. And I can't wait for that Netherlands Vs. Argentina match, that's gonna be good (kinda evenly matched)

Well I'm still with Brazil just like last time. I only find the world cup a big deal because I always visit my cousins in Brazil duing it. My god, you don't even have to watch the game there. Just go outside and if it's a boo then opposing team scored and a cheer brazil scored. If they lost a match a riot and if they won fireworks. XD

If they go up against Argentina again then thats gonna be a really bad blood bath. We usualy kill eachother in that match leaving like 5 guys left.

I really hoped the US would win every single game and go to win the World Cup. I've play soccer since I was like 4 (my mom is a coach) and I really want soccer to get a little more popular in the states. I would just them like to win against all the other countries that doubt us! *prays for a miracle*

And anyone else see that ADIDAS (or was it Gatoraide, or NIKE? eh I dunno) commercial where the people are booing the US team and we just kept going... I love that commercial :D

and the USA does not suck, it's just no one cares enough to watch to cheer them on.