A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Oh... look... Megadrive games...

Cyber Rat

So, Sega decided to release a collection of 40 Mega Drive/Genesis games for the Xbox360 and PS3.

Should we be happy?

EDIT:

Not sure whether this info is correct, but supposedly this are the games to be included (plus some unlockable ones):

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Alien Storm

Altered Beast

Beyond Oasis

Bonanza Bros.

Columns

Comix Zone

Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head

Dr. Robotnik's MBM

Dynamite Headdy

Ecco the Dolphin

Ecco II: The Tides of Time

E-SWAT

Fatal Labyrinth

Flicky

Gain Ground

Golden Axe I

Golden Axe II

Golden Axe III

Kid Chameleon

Phantasy Star II

Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom

Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium

Ristar

Shining in the Darkness

Shining Force

Shining Force 2

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic and Knuckles

Sonic Spinball

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Streets of Rage

Streets of Rage 2

Streets of Rage 3

Super Thunder Blade

Vectorman

Vectorman 2

I'd love to see a sonic 1-2-3-k collection with remastered sprites like SF2HD is doing, I know it would take a lot of work but they don't need to make the sprites realistic painting or anything, and if they only do it for sonic 1 to 3 maybe they could release it this lifetime.

It will never happen, I always hope that sonic 3 is not on xbla yet because they are making it true HD, but I honestly doubt they are at all now with this collection in exsistance.

• 1 month later...

I prefer to keep the HD or the filter thing... whatever, like out-of-here!

I've never seen a large collection of Megadrive games before.

Still, It's been close to ten years that the Saturn games are close to be as the collectors titles, I would love to see them. But I can wait for the release. Cause I owned a PS3 console! Yea!

However, despite the release date, I'll have to wait one friggin year before it comes out! *Brawls.*

By the way, somebody outta do something, like make a special "Play the Game Like it's Meant to Be Project. Or PGLMBP, ok so it`s not perfect.

:smidge:

It might be worthy to buy if it had more than 40 games. Or if I didn't already own a fourth of them with my GCN Sonic collection.

OR I could download Gens (or some other emulator) and all those ROMs for free. Then send Sega a dollar, because I'm essentially just paying for a new package and game disc, and that's how much they deserve.

It might be worthy to buy if it had more than 40 games. Or if I didn't already own a fourth of them with my GCN Sonic collection.

OR I could download Gens (or some other emulator) and all those ROMs for free. Then send Sega a dollar, because I'm essentially just paying for a new package and game disc, and that's how much they deserve.

I fucking love you, worm.

I only bought sonic mega collection because I thought it would feel nice playing sonic games on an actual tv.

The use of that gamecube controller killed it though.

You know, you could actually just buy a monitor adapter that converts the signal to use on your TV ; )... I used to do that.