A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[3D Model] Myrmidon Suit

SefirothDB

Soooo... I'm on a hiatus period, in-between exams (been assraped twice already, more to come :D). But I'm lazy 'till the end, so instead of picking a book yesterday I opened up 3Ds to model something. And I did, in fact, model something:

Myrmidon.jpg

MyrmidonFull.jpg

Notes:

• I saw Tron last week, hence the glow lines =P

• This started as two cylinders. I have no idea how it went from that to this.

• In case you haven't noticed yet, the helmet was blatantly ripped off from Metroid.

• Yes, Eggy's inside. Somewhere along the construction process I decided to turn it into a robot suit for him. Don't ask.

• Partially placeholder rig. Boy, those half assed rigging jobs sure are stocking up :/

• G-mel's color scheme (blacks + yellow) ftw.

• No reused parts. All done from scratch one again. 'cept Eggy's head, obviously.

• Almost 38k triangles. But hey, I didn't pay attention to the polycount.

• Name "Myrmidon" coming directly from my most used Accession BoF3 form. Sister liked it, so yeah >_>;

'k, enough. <Mandatory "C+C please" goes here>

Thats hawt. Yellow and black seem to suit together nicely.. no pun intended. >_>

I didnt even notice eggman tho o.o

Very nice actually, got'to admit, eggman does look pretty sleek in their though, like some serious ass kicking is about to go on. :P

Very nice work

You idiots! It's ROBOTNIK. No one with an IQ of 300 would call himself "Eggy" or "Eggman," self-respecting or not. It's Dr. Ivo-flipping-Robotnik.

. . .

The model totally owns my friend's left nipple, I say left because he lost the right one in a freak accident. I love it, and the color scheme is awesome, but then again I'm also one for going "omb black/gray + vibrant color = badass." The model is completely awesome, the only thing I could suggest is that it be a tad more reflective to make it seem a bit more.. "sexay sleek" being that it's a black badass mech suit, but it could very well be reflective right now and I just don't know it because of the gradient backdrop (hmm?). I wish I didn't have problems modeling this kind of stuff.

On an unrelated note: I've never seen Tron.

On a almost relevant, but still unrelated not: Yea.. Project Raep. Not sure it'll work. I'm thinking maybe something generic, yet fun a la Mario Kart. Everyone loves the bunnies, ya know? ...Get teh eff on AiM. =P

Yes. Even for the old Eggman. Eggman just doesn't ride around in stuff that looks that cool. The coolest (I'm talking the mainstream vision of coolness for robots, so bare with me) looking robot he ever rode in was the one in Sonic Rush at the end of the regular game, and thats really no where close.

You idiots! It's ROBOTNIK. No one with an IQ of 300 would call himself "Eggy" or "Eggman," self-respecting or not. It's Dr. Ivo-flipping-Robotnik.

. . .

Now see here's a person who knows what they're talking about. If you think about it, Eggman is infact one of the stupidest names invented besides Maddox's "Lampshade man" which I still find hilarious.

Plus if you put this on dA I will favourite it instantly my good fellow.

OH and one thing, if he was actually in there, his crotch would have been ripped apart at the seams. Look at the hip area and you'll see my point.

OH and one thing, if he was actually in there, his crotch would have been ripped apart at the seems. Look at the hip area and you'll see my point.

I already brought that up, actually. I doubt his body fits through the whole machine, considering the arms and legs are set in ball joints, and probably only have enough room for the actuators and motors in them. My guess is either he's controlling it through controls in the chest, or by nueral uplink of some sort.

Though I do think the hips are abit wide anyway.

Thanks for the comments, people. Geona is correct when he says it's controlled through the chest piece, made it that way so if I ever decide to animate it I can chop off an extremity or two without having to create blood effects >_>;

The coolest (I'm talking the mainstream vision of coolness for robots, so bare with me) looking robot he ever rode in was the one in Sonic Rush at the end of the regular game, and thats really no where close.

The Bomber Barbara thing? I wanted to model that at one point.

Will upload this to my DA after exams are gone (read: 5th). Glad you liked it <(o_O<)_^<)

• 4 weeks later...

Who! amazing!

I'm looking for a 3d modeler to help me on sonic xtreme by animating some models i have and do external texture for those models.

I would like someone who can make badniks too!

Would you like to help me in my project? I will not ask you really much things, jsut the littles things i can't do myself as animate a model and do a texture to texture the model instead of the colored 3d pieces...

:)