A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Chrome

OverbounD

Google's new browser comes out tomorrow. Is anyone excited about this? Its supposed to be faster and have some sort of new java support that current browsers don't have. Another interesting feature is that each tab is in its own sandbox so when something on the net goes bad tabs will crash instead of the whole browser.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find it kind of odd that they chose to put the tabs above the url bar as opposed to below, but that can probably be changed anyway.

Actually I think its an improvement, as the url bar is relative to the tab you are in. It also probably has something to do with each tab being in its own sandbox as they describe it.

BTW some I changed the topic from Crome to Chrome at first I was seeing it both ways but I'm seeing Chrome now so it must be Chrome.

Read the THIRTY NINE page web comic google made about Chrome. Besides the fact that it told me too much information, I see what they're trying to do, but some of the stuff sounds like it'd take some getting used to (there's some kind of thing with the address bar and searches or something. It sounds like something I'd do by mistake :X Plus, I'm not sure if I'm down with how they're doing tabs.)

So I download a 475 KB download in my preferred and familiar download environment and then run an .exe which proceeds to tell me "downloading Google Chrome" for 10 minutes giving nothing but an imaginary load bar that gives me no indication of how long it will take and whether or not it's working. Not very good design, google. Let's hope the actual browser goes better.

It only transfers bookmarks, etc. from IE. Thats dumb. So far though, this is pretty snazzy, and the search thing being the address bar is actually nice.

Really? moved everything for me. I didn't even need to type my screen name to log on here.

Also, fuck this blue window shit. I just changed my theme around to a sleek, sexy black. Now I have this sky blue browser all up in my business.

brb uninstall

EDIT: holy poop, I went to download something and it was finished before I even saw it download 8U Moving the tabs around is fun too :D

EDIT: HOLY CRAP RESIZABLE TEXTBOX

ahem.

Really? moved everything for me. I didn't even need to type my screen name to log on here.

:[ Also, did you say you're uninstalling this because it isn't pretty enough?

Anyway, typing in addresses is cool, because it searches for what I might be typing in. This thing is psychic.