A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Chrome

OverbounD

I'm finding Chrome to be pretty nifty. Sure it's missing quite a bit of essential features at the moment and it doesn't work with certain pages as good as it could ( though it amazingly runs the booths page fine and dandy ), I see a lot of potential as this is only the very first beta.

( I have to say though, I'm not too fond of the way part of the URL is grayed out the way it is; maybe if it wasn't as light of a gray I wouldn't be so peeved. )

Edit: Holy shit in-browser spell check. <3

Edit2: Did anyone else notice Chrome's built-in html viewer ( with syntax ) and inspector?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be cool if the new tab page allowed you to drag and drop websites into it? Rather than just being determined based on page views? I visited Outspokin' Bikes one time. Yet it's the third option in the first row. It'd be cool if I could just drag and drop my Facebook, DevArt, and home page into those slots. Comments.

Wouldn't it be cool if the new tab page allowed you to drag and drop websites into it? Rather than just being determined based on page views? I visited Outspokin' Bikes one time. Yet it's the third option in the first row. It'd be cool if I could just drag and drop my Facebook, DevArt, and home page into those slots. Comments.

You mean like how Opera does it? I found it pretty silly how they presented it as if it were a new idea in their little web-comic. And I agree that "computer-determined most visited website!" will never trump user-selection and it just gets in the way when it tries, but hey, it's google after all.

It does. It's just not nearly as vigorous as Firefox's. Fore example, type paralel, it'll give you parallel, but type parilel and it won't give you a thing. Whereas firefox's will give you parietal, parimutuel, parallel, and particle... yea, I'm not sure which is better. But it kinda surprises me, because google's "did you mean" is almost always right. Probably because it's weighted by search popularity.

Google rules the internet, ila. Don't be surprised if it slowly becomes a serious contender with Firefox.

Soon Google will rule over Microsoft whenever they come out with their own OS.

How do they all fare when you do a proper browsing session?

Like, 5-10 tabs, where you browse each site a bit?

I just showed the amount of memory they took on the hard drive; I can post results of virtual memory consumption in awhile though. In a recent test though, I can say that Firefox 3 took up roughly 20MB more than Opera 9.52 did with Opera handling far more things at the time then Firefox was.

The only real problem I've had so far are problems which seem to happen for every new thing I download and am starting to think I reinstalled my computer poorly. Namely, sound drivers randomly failing, explorer lagging up a storm, and Visual Studio "just in time debugger" throwing svchost.exe errors like crazy. Usually they iron themselves out after a while. But I've been using it as my main browser since Firefox is downright screwed up on initialization (it takes like 5 minutes and always acts like it and all the pluggins have JUST been installed) and Opera both doesn't work for certain things I frequently use. Oh, and it doesn't have a auto-spell checker (Chrome's still isn't as good as Firefox's, but at least it'll tell me when I'm wrong). Now if Chrome just had an ad block which was comparable to Firefox's.