A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Dark Knight

ila

Awesome movie...

Heath Ledger was the Joker... It was like he was born for that role...

After you see it, you'll probably see the irony that he died with the Joker being his last role...

Sad... but with a hint of irony...

I'll wait for more of you to see it before I put anything in spoiler tags... Cause if you're like me, you'll look anyway...

Yeah, that was definitely great. I especially liked how the Joker wasn't the entire plot of the movie; there was other action before and after him. It was kinda like watching a good novel on the screen, if that makes any sense.

Also...

...did Two Face actually die in the end? I know they showed the funeral, but I thought that might have been just to perserve his good name; Batman survived the fall.

I liked the ending because it showed how people would be scared of the dark knight.

And I love how the movie came off like the oooolldd TV version, except modernized. Campy shit like that scene where the airplane grabs them from the skyscraper has that old batman formula, but they made it work.

And I love how they explained how everyone in the franchise is crazy. In the old TV show, it was apparent that pretty much all the villians and even Batman were total whackjobs, but Dark Knight once again used the same formula and made it work and god damn I loved this movie so much.

Saw the midnight showing and then once again yesterday evening.

To USC:

I was kinda wondering that as well. It's weird because Two-Face is such a major villain in the Batman world...but well, Batman had his armor to help him take the fall, plus he fell through some wood too. IIRC, Dent just fell and like died and stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if his death was faked but his funeral pretty much tells me that he's dead.

So Joker like kicks total ass.

I'm sure they didn't want Two-Face to be completely dead, he still has a huge background and they didn't even touch the mobster-gambler-hustle side of him yet. Plus they showed Scarecrow in the very beginning, which I thought was fucking sweet. It actually made me like the character and actor a little better, because even though he was a shitty villain to choose for the first one, I like how they portrayed how his character will keep coming back like a cartoon villain.

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK, this movie was so fucking awesome, Heath ledger probably made the best joker in any movie, comic, game, or cartoon adaptation of Batman. Good god I was in love with this movie, and just when I thought the movie was finished, it was all LOL NO BITCH HERE'S LIKE AN HOUR MORE OF ASS KICKING

I totally did. I have the entire animated series on my harddrive and an entire crate of comics in my garage. I just left underwhelmed after everyone and their aunt's dog built it up. Heath was good, but I wasn't feeling the rest of the cast. At least it came closer to living up to its hype than Ironman did. 8/10.

(On a side note, I'm starting to tire of everyone talking about Heath. No disrespect to the man; he did a good job as the Joker, but we maybe let the man be dead? It's just irking me a little, is all.)

Fuck. Now I'm a bit upset that Heath isn't around to portray the Joker anymore. All kidding aside, he fucking mastered the Joker. The mannerisms, speech patterns. The way he walked. The way he slouched. The fucking laugh. It's a bit sad that he out-acted every single person in that movie. But fuck, if that's his last role then shit, he went out with a bang.