A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Dark Knight

ila

Best movie ever? Naw. Best comic book/superhero movie ever? Yeah probably.

It is godamned amazing. I also got the pleasure of seeing it in Imax and maaaan. You are doing yourself a disservice if you don't see it that way. The Joker steals every scene he's in. Heath Ledger did an amazing job. My favorite part with The Joker I think is

when Batman is beating the shit out of him in the interrogation room. He keeps laughing like a maniac. I thought that was awesome, and reminded me a lot of Hush when Batman almost beat the joker to death, but he kept on laughing throughout the entire thing.

Just watched the movie, and while it is not the Second Coming of Christ that will guide us to the Promised Land, it's pretty good. The only thing I hated was the "Batman" voice... ugh...

And yes, Heath Ledger did an amazing job as the Joker, but I think people are giving him waaaaaay too much credit. He was great, but not

"ZOMGAWESOMESTACTORZOFALLTIME!!!!@1111123134" (I suppose people are overdoing this just because the guy is dead).

And thank God that it has a normal ending! No forced-tear ending, and no forced-happy ending, just plain normal. Kinda unexpected that the Joker wins in the end...

Batman voice is annoying.

Also, I can't really say if its because Heath died, but it is the best Joker I've ever seen. I suppose all of the praise doesn't belong to him since writing and directing play a part in character portrayal, but actors always get the praise anyway. And I don't think anyone said he was the best actor ever, just the best Joker.

I was not referring to this topic when I said "best actor ever", but the comments I've been seeing... well almost everywhere. I personally liked the "animated series" Joker, but he was wacko-crazy, this Joker is homicidal-crazy... I think I'll have nightmares because of him.

I liked both of them, but they're just different interpretations of the same character, so you you can't really compared them. I think the only reason I liked the Animated Series one was because I used to watch the show all the time.

I just saw The Dark Knight . It was even better than I expected. Most of the comment is about Heath Ledger. He is no longer with us, but his performance in this film is everlasting. The film's storyline has many twists and all are rewarding, the story is developed constantly after each scene, making you wonder what's next. Excellent craft and flows well towards the conclusion. I liked this film very much.

• 3 weeks later...

that implies an interesting storyline for a movie involving the riddler. Perhaps the Riddler could be the "wacko-crazy Joker" instead, with the plot of the movie revolving around his attempts to deduce the Batman's identity or something.

'I thought it was Psi-ops for a second. Seriously."

I thought it was Geist. Never even played the game. Lawl.

I didn't even have a vague idea of who Heath Ledger was until this movie. I read an article (before he died) and was like "oh, brokeback guy." Granted, most of the praise may come from the fact that this was, indeed his last role. But as someone who was kinda pissed about the huge deal his death made and is even more angered now that 2 black actors and a musician have died without barely a peep (entirely different story), I've gotta say that he did do a good job. ::shrug::

I didn't really mind the "batman voice" all that much. Not a huge fan of the final fight, though it got too Justin Timberlake with all it's Ayo Technology and I was just kinda like "eh?"

The way the movie panned out, though is rather unfortunate. Not sure where the next movie, and you know there's most likely gonna be one, will be headed. The fanmade poster is pretty cool.