A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Frenzy Adventure vids- new level: AEZ 1-2

One moment you complain about the standards. The next you denote the gold-standard as a "cookie-cutter" type thing as though you are trying to criminalize it. If it were truly cookie-cutter type games that were upsetting you, those games would be released more, because believe it or not, the notion of cookie-cutters is saving time.

But it's so obvious that your whole intention is simply to divert the whole blame from individuals for starting shit that they can't finish to the community at large. And why? I'd say it's because of your own issues where you quit something and so you want that convenient excuse.

Of course, you didn't even seem to catch that part of the post.

You even go so far as to claim that you hate the very word "gimmick" because it somehow offends your sense of artful complexity or some stupid shit like that.

what the fuck are you talking about

Oh? You need to know?

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92467&postcount=165

I could point out so many posts where you try to be contrary to the whole notion of gimmicks, but I think that alone is enough to show exactly what you are thinking.

Wow you hit the nail on the head again, seeing as the gameplay mechanics in my game is so far removed from what most of you are doing (Sonic platforming) that you would have trouble even comparing gameplay with mine. Which means I really have no pressure from anybody in terms of "standards" or what i need to include.

In an ideal world you wouldn't, but for some reason you clearly didn't perceive your quality as being worth your time. Pressure from anybody isn't the issue. It always is, always has been, and always in every case comes from yourself. No one else demands perfection. They just throw their suggestions out there.

DW, i really dont understand what you are even arguing about anymore.

Edit: And I am so sick and fucking tired of the word "GIMMICKS" I dont know what to do anymore. Could we please call them something else? Like, Interactions or something?

if you took that comment that serious, maybe you should just block me or some shit. I dont know how continous joking about repeated use of the same word ties into some deep, psychological issue i have with high standards. I mean fuck, you even went on in that topic with another trillion posts on why gimmicks should indeed be called gimmicks.

So yeah, whatever you're saying is 100% correct. There's no hiding my hatred for anything exceptional, i hate gimmicks, and i want absolutely everyone's game to be medicore.

Thank you everybody for your comments. The real problem of this, is that it has become too long. Things has been evolving and SFA is still on the first steps of 360, not talking about my gaming skills that has been changing over time, for worse or for better.

Actually, i am not plenning on leave SFA. I will just drop storyline and newer characters since i wont be able to sprite and make cutscenes. Everything else will be on. Later, i'll leave fangaming, im not sure if ill do it forever or just resting a bit, it depends of a lot of factors. Mostly because i am kind of stressed with this. I has been making this game completely alone, just some help on engine and I really am tired of doing so much work.

And about game topic. I just wanted to re-relase SFA for people to know more about it. Actually, if i want, i could release a full game with 25 zones, 7 special stages and even secret zones and final battles, so, as rael said, its time to show something. That is the reason of this post, appart of finding errors. My level design is far away from being perfect, and i want to find out whats wrong to improve.

thanks again to everybody

Frenzy, this looks awesome! I learned a lot from reading your post throughout SFG on your ideas as how to make a great fan-game and have to say that I admire what you've done with this.. I knew abosolutly nothing about fan-games until I discovered SFA on youtube(long time ago), so hopefully you'll keep at it..^^

So I just spoke to Blue Frenzy on AIM asking him if he wanted me to delete all of Sereph's and DW's posts in this thread. He wants me to leave it alone, but I don't like seeing a fangame discussion thread derailed by a petty argument. Knock it off.

Frenzy, this looks awesome! I learned a lot from reading your post throughout SFG on your ideas as how to make a great fan-game and have to say that I admire what you've done with this.. I knew abosolutly nothing about fan-games until I discovered SFA on youtube(long time ago), so hopefully you'll keep at it..^^

I am glad you like it and that this game helped someone to ge into fangames ^^