A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Metal Gear Solid 4

SL:DJKFL:SDJL:KFJL:SDJF One of the best endings ever. They completely ended the solid snake chapter.

The cinematics in this game were on par if not better than some of the best movies out there.

1213117669875.jpg

Fucking love Big Bosss

@Khorney: PO is canon, but to my knowledge there's nothing in it that's mentioned. All you really need to know is MGS 1,2,3. I think Kojima went into it thinking most fans haven't played the PSP or MSX2 games.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They literally tied ANY loose end you can think of that was left maybe a little bit open in mgs.

I was actually surprised snake didn't kill himself...but seeing him confront big boss was truly one of the best moments I've experienced playing video games.

The game is fun ALL the way through, and there was enough gameplay to balance out the long cutscenes. The ending is pretty damn long (about an hour). Gameplay-wise, I'd say this was the best of the 4. I had so much fun customizing my guns and picking up weapons for points. The stealth camo suit pretty much takes all the annoying bits of 3 where you had to constantly change suits and makes stealth gameplay as easy as run and gun play style. I was actually a pretty good sniper all the way through. The ongoing battle motif is also great because once you get in good with the militia, you use them as fodder and bait while you pick off all the pmc's. Win and you're treated to a kick ass fanfare from all the militia.

Maryl marrying Johnny...and the scenes where he asks her to marry him were just pure awesome. The fact that they used the same guy who she stole the suit from in MGS1 was awesome also.

wow

this shit is bananas

best fucking graphics ever, they deliver the whole package in terms of visuals and it blends together incredibly and I play on sdtv. Character models are AMAZING, gameplay is exquisite (vastly improved upon 1-3). I have to force myself to stop playing because I want it to last.

Helping the local militia on this playthrough, will attempt to side with Praying Mantis PMC on a new game+ if possible. Love how the game throws you the HUD in the middle of a cutscene and oh shit im actually playing fuck fuck fuck and I bet I'm not even 1/3 on the way through Act 1

Going to remake my MGO character now and see if I can get back into my clan

one minute of silence in memory of those who cant play this

And MGS1 is still kicking my ass. Its hard when I can't tranq enemies.

MGS 1 is cake compared to the rest, and it's all because of the cone vision system that the guards have. I actually have a problem with sitting around and tranquing ___s all over the place.

Hey SG, which difficulty did you start 4 in? I decided to go Normal Solid and then upgrade to Big Boss for my second playthrough where I'll get all secrets and stuff. Have the official guide for that but I'm not even unwrapping 'till I beat the game.

Bought a lot of weapon parts from Drebin and the Mosin Nagant because today was 20% off. I'm keeping the MN for stealthy parts and using my pimped normal sniper rifle for the urban conflicts. Too bad I can't snipe enemies like the FROGS who kept leaping/grabbing on walls and ceiling and I had to react really fast :x

Currently at the introduction of the BatB unit O:

According to games radar, if you play with the PS3's dualshock against a certain psychic boss, he laughs and says "VIBRATION IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK".

Brilliant.

haha, not as cool, cause having just the six axis acts like a cock block. It's pretty hillarious.

And Seph, i beat my first run on solid normal. Going to do big boss hard soon, I'm thinking about attempting one of these no alert no kills runs everyone's fussing about.

The guns I used was an auto sniper I found in the first act, the M4 drebin gives you with shotgun attachment for close encounters, and a mix of the rocket launcher/railgun/and other random guns for fun. The auto sniper is fucking nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jejeV7AK1CA&feature=related <--- do not click seph

Just started Act 3 <3<3<3

Dr. Madnar

is a reference I can certainly get behind, ties in nicely with the fact that Raiden's ninja suit is manufactured by Tokugawa Heavy Industry. Plus Otacon's sexy wallpapers.

This game is full of Kojima XD

EDIT: It's a minor (so far) and easily replaceable character that hasn't even appeared physically, just been namedropped. But I spoilered in case.

I've started MGS3 now. I gotta say I'm diggin the camo, food, and cure options. Its just awesome every time I hide in plain sight, and Snake's commentary on the taste of different animals is just great.

I just want to know. Is MGS3 all history stuff? Is it all about Big Boss, or is some of it more recent?

Big Boss is obviously important, and your radio buddies play a role in MGS4 (<3 Para-Medic). But mostly it just makes it so that you like BB way more than Snake. Ties some bits of real history in with Kojima's bastard history, but mostly you just need to know that there's a cold war and that Ocelot hates women.

Big Boss is obviously important, and your radio buddies play a role in MGS4 (<3 Para-Medic). But mostly it just makes it so that you like BB way more than Snake. Ties some bits of real history in with Kojima's bastard history, but mostly you just need to know that there's a cold war and that Ocelot hates women.

lol ocelot is turned into a hillarious character in 3...and fuck you MGS4 turns that shit right back around and makes you like snake way more than big boss

HE FUCKING SURVIVED 2 MICROWAVE HALLWAYS FOR CHRIST SAKE...AND THEN HAS A FUCKING BATTLE WITH LIQUID RIGHT AFTER TO BOOT....NOBODY IS THAT FUCKING TOUGH EXCEPT FOR SOLID

i like Big Boss, he's pretty awsome, i'd like to see them expand more on his fall into to 'crazyness' though. MPO:2 perhaps?

the thing about metal gear i like though, there is no archetypal 'evil guy', and the good guy isn't always doing it for the benefit of the world, merely to maintain the status quo. who's to say that if the various villains had succeeded the world would actually be a worse off place? better than the standard fare of today, 'OMG terrorists are going to blow shit up, go save the day, bitch'