A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: The Fated Hour - July 2009 Update

Well well well Blaze ;)

First of all I am totally surprised you are still at this stage of TFH development, I think you need to stop making all these engines and beta's and just finish building this game, your 6th or so engine now? Please just stick with this and finish the game already.

Apart from that it was fully playable, at last your gravity for sonic is not like a lead weight, should the raised water from a mission stay up high once you finish it though? it's something I would expect to drain away personally. Framerate did drop a little now and again but I was playing it on the 640x window option, I did select to use a pad but it ignored my xbox360 controller using default drivers.

PS. hope you like my username.

Well well well Blaze ;)

First of all I am totally surprised you are still at this stage of TFH development, I think you need to stop making all these engines and beta's and just finish building this game, your 6th or so engine now? Please just stick with this and finish the game already.

Apart from that it was fully playable, at last your gravity for sonic is not like a lead weight, should the raised water from a mission stay up high once you finish it though? it's something I would expect to drain away personally. Framerate did drop a little now and again but I was playing it on the 640x window option, I did select to use a pad but it ignored my xbox360 controller using default drivers.

PS. hope you like my username.

Well, that's the general idea, Diablo. With the "Sonic Worlds" engine out there replicating Sonic physics so well, I had to restart or risk looking painfully dated. Thankfully, the most problematic part of the TFH engine for me was trying to do Sonic slope physics. Sonic Worlds takes care of the hardest stuff for me. In truth, I only have one major hurdle left before I can actually work on the real game.

But, people wanted a TFH demo for SAGE. So, they got a TFH demo for SAGE.

This is looking fantastic as allways Blaze! Is Vector a new Character introdused to the game or is he replacing Amy? The Water race is pretty cool aswell. I do also see you added new stuff to the background.(the Sand house and stuff)

Would anyone happen to have SonicSV2 game itself?.

Ontopic: I've seen this and I really do think this is starting to go places =D, please never give up.

Offtopic: Probblay not True_Sonic, Sonic SV2 came out as a demo & was never finished.

Ontopic: I Argee with True_Sonic, This is a great fangame :aparty:

The game was only a demo with the full name of Sonic SV2: TT since it had sonic cd type time travel implanted before I stopped work on it, in a way I wish I finished it since it was one of the better games back in 2002.

I have no files and google only links to broken downloads or people talking about the SV2 engine that I released when I stopped work on the game. i'd love to play it again after all this time though.