A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Fangame Zone Ideas

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think anything is wrong with it.

Its a fucking fangame, and hes done far better than the average would in his situation.

Oh, stop with that damn "It's good ENOUGH" attitude. It needs improvement in some aspects. So what? He's trying to make it the best he can. Let him.

Although if he keeps listening to you people, he is never going to finish the FANGAME.

God. This is half the reason im glad the Screenshot topic is gone. If he wants to keep improving, and i guess its warranted in this specific topic, but jesus you people need to chill on the graphical requests.

I was having trouble coming up with the right colors for this background. I edited it some more. I may just redo the whole thing if it doesn't look right (usually better next time anyway). I need some feedback here. Below is my original sketch...

thzmainbgel2pk4.png

thzmainbgel2pk4.3615ec1042.jpg

The most recent background edit...

bg02yh2.png

bg02yh2.1ec4fe8f8a.jpg

The most recent ground tiles...

blockexmphy4.png

blockexmphy4.072b54be17.jpg

Well, actually, ground is pretty nice and you can start working on the level with that.

I'd reccomend you to continue now the game and finish the levels. Make new areas and keep prectising. That will help you on learning techniques to make your custom backgrounds. When you finish the game, you should have learned a lot and you can review your first backgrounds in order to improve.

You just need more experience, and you'll get it doing backgrounds. Staying forever on the same won't help too much.

• 4 weeks later...

I finished a map of this level (ACT 1) and I did some tweaking of the graphics. It looks nice. Just wanted to update so nobody thinks I abandoned this zone. I want to see it come to life. I've been using CNC to create the map, does anyone recommend anything better?

You can always start by building your levels with ripped tiles from the other Sonic games and replacing it with your own art before you release the final game.

That's exactly what I am thinking too, but I need some help. Fellow hackers, I need your talent! Below is a "hoax" that I created to show what I would like Tetra Hydro Zone to look like:

thzexmp001dt4.png

thzexmp001dt4.53bc44c3ed.jpg

I'm not a hacker or anything. Who wants to take this on? :ssmile:

Actually, I was hoping to see it in one of those sweeeet classic based projects going on out there. There's a lot of really good projects out there. Sonic XG and Sonic Nexus is an example. Or do you think a whole new project should be started with this zone in it? (Probably a 4th level)