A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Jetstream(Burst)

ECLIPSc70

THIS is the game Ive been working on for a couple of weeks now.

SONIC JETSTREAM!!!(logo coming soon)

10 playable characters 3 unlockables, unique gameplay style.

The only thing this game is missing is...the slopes and 360(still working on it)

This is a racing/adventure game that is sort of like a regular sonic platformers but redefined with a racing essence.

characters you should expect in the demo:

sonic(duh)

and knuckles(dont wanna give you too much richness, then you wont be yearning for more)

I would like to enter this in SAGE but I'm not sure if Ill be able to finish the demo with most kinks worked out by the time, I also was thinking of putting more characters in for the demo.

so without further delay...

its an engine run so you shouldn't have expected much:scool:

Yeah each character will have an assist character: sonic~tails, knuckles~espio(oops *hint,hint*)

and 3 special moves. The special moves are obtainable by collecting a certain amount of rings and the assist characters will be on each re-spawn post.

All the comments in this thread have been simple "GREAT JORB GOOD LUCK GREAT FANGAME" remarks packed in with bad spelling and grammar. Let's change that.

First off, the resolution is huge. Second, why doesn't Sonic jump in a ball? Third, why do you have to place a dickload of rings together? Fourth, why does the spindash animation play when Sonic rolls? Finally, why do things just pop out of nowhere, like Tails?

Think about it.

oh and i liek ur fangayme gr8 job n good luck demo plz

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I had the volume up on my sorround sound... Now, after wathing your videos... MY EARS ARE BLEEDING! Seriously, what's up with the music? If it wasnt playing correctly, you could have atleast removed it from the game. Good luck though.

Okay. Including Sonic's spring move from Brawl is just retarded. A spring pops out of nowhere, bounces him up, and disappears. Then, Sonic picks up Tails and whips him out of nowhere when he needs to fly? This game is just a generic fangame with some dumb additions so far.

EDIT: Also:

1. Sonic builds up speed while rolling. Huh?

2. Charging animation plays during the roll.

3. Sonic doesn't spin when he jumps.

4. When Tails does fly him around, he isn't holding on to him. Sonic stays in the spring animation and Tails' feet go through his head.

5. The goal ring is just a plain yellow donut shape. No shading whatsoever.

All the comments in this thread have been simple "GREAT JORB GOOD LUCK GREAT FANGAME" remarks packed in with bad spelling and grammar. Let's change that.

First off, the resolution is huge. Second, why doesn't Sonic jump in a ball? Third, why do you have to place a dickload of rings together? Fourth, why does the spindash animation play when Sonic rolls? Finally, why do things just pop out of nowhere, like Tails?

Think about it.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ok.

1. Because it is.

2. This isn't your everyday sonic fan game. I wanted it to be a little different so sonic doesn't jump in a ball.

3. This is just a test stage, It didn't take much thinking to do honestly. I just threw some rings together to see if the ring counter worked.

4. Like I said before, It's something different, so sonic spinrolls.

5. Its an early alpha to just give you guys an idea of what I've been doing all this time. It will be fixed.

(Dragon)

I didn't implement any music or sounds at all, all you would probably be hearing is PC static.

(Spike)

I forgot to take it out. I wasn't planing to have it in the finished game or even the demo. It was just there for when sonic fell out of the stage boundaries and I didn't feel like restarting Game maker. I was planing to exchange it for a speed-up type of move.

6. I just wanted to see if I got the engine right.

7. This is in alpha engine test. I'm far from releasing a demo.

Hope that answers everyones questions.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Like I said before, It's something different, so sonic spinrolls.

Ah, the classic, "my fangame is different" reply. Listen, use the rolling animation for rolling, not the spindash anim.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ah, the classic, "my fangame is different" reply. Listen, use the rolling animation for rolling, not the spindash anim.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I guess I'll take your word for It, you are more experienced than me.

You don't have to have experience to know that the rolling animation goes with the rolling action.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I never actually said that I liked your project. So...I like your project. xD

Think about it.

What the fuck is wrong with your avatar

It said it wants my soul

Pretty good, but things that you should fix:

1.The hud is behind objects make depth of the drawing object to -10000 or so.

2.Use the rolling animation for rolling not the spindash because it looks kinda ugly (for me).

3. I forgot.

Everything else look nice.

Get slopes and 360 in it, then come back here and post. Until you do that, this project is quite frankly worthless. But when you do get it implemented, I think it'll be kinda sick.

Oh, and I like the jumping w/o spinning.

• 1 month later...